psipike02

Tunnel Time in Vegas

Ok I know what some of you may be saying upon reading the subject line and I've heard rumors about the tunnel in Vegas and that its not that great and blah blah blah.

Anyways, i FINALLY passed my AFF4 yesterday after three tries and got passed onto 5. But i still have a slight unintentional left turn that my JM's cant figure out, they think either one of my knees is dipping down or my legs are too wide. But other than that, the jump was excellent said my JM yesterday. I was stable and not spinning out of control (compared to the previous two).

So with that, he said if i could get tunnel time, then i would be awesome once i got out. So i told him I'm going to Vegas next week and i said what i had heard about it, he said book it anyways, tunnel time is tunnel time. What do you guys think? I talked to Flyaway Tunnel in Vegas today and they have a coaching package where its just 1-on-1 in the tunnel and i get 5 flights and video for a total of 5 hours. I thought it was a good deal, or at least a good investment for my future in skydiving....

Do you guys think this is a good idea or should I not even bother? I dont have the money to go to Perris or Orlando, and they are still building the one here in Colorado, so Vegas is my top option at this point...
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

You'll have a great time in Vegas.

The staff there is helpful and friendly. Feeling the air across your body and learning how to control it is the valuable thing you'll pick up.

Now I'm a bit biased ;) but the advantade to a SkyVenture type tunnel is that it's closer to a skydiving sensation for most people, but that doesn't mean FlyAway will be of no value to you. Have fun and good luck.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Keith Fields (owner) ROCKS, the instructors we flew with Slade, Mike, and Seth were FANTASTIC. It's a great tunnel, a great time, with great people, in a awesome town! You'll love it there, be sure to schedule EARLY in the day if not the first flights. The rest of the day the tunnel is brutally hot. We flew the last flight of the day and the first flights of the day and early is better :)
Vegas was my 1st tunnel that I flew back in 2003 for 5 min.!!

Just my 2 cents but what do I know?!?!!?:D:D:D:D
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Awesome....good to hear, yeah Keith was the guy I talked to yesterday and he scheduled me right as they open.....so thats awesome....

Fuckin A i'm pumped now.....i cant wait....:D

That's why Keith rocks!!!!! Let us all know how it goes :)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

4-5 hours your first time in a tunnel seems like overkill but it depends on how you break it up and if you have a good instructor to get rid of those bad habbits or prevent them from forming.

Speak with your instructors first about your personal goals for the tunnel sessions. This will allow you to tell them you are afraid of getting bad habbits, what you want to work on, etc.

This will require thought on your part (not a knock but you will have to go seek out answers that's hard for some peopel), ask a coach for ideas, follow the AFF progression if you have not jumped, ask a recent person you jumped with for info., to have several things to present the FA LV employee.

Keith will have some ideas I'm sure and who better to take them from than the tunnel owner? I know there are other good ones out there too but he's a damn good resource, get to them all and ask lost of ?'s. I'm sure you aren't the first person to ask about what to work on in preparation for lots of tunnel time.

PM if you need anything.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hi,

A coaching package/book of 5 you'll get 15-20 minutes of flyng time total, and the rest will be verbal coaching & video watching. You'll do great..and you'll get to observe other flyers and you'll enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.

Have fun!
Pink Suits, Blue Skies & Fast Air,
Dawn Suiter PMT Delegate

Hello Tunnel Rats,

I haven't visited in a while but I just found this tread about Carl and had to jump in.

Carl, you're the man. As much fun as we had flying with you, you should know that you flew better than most. Teachers aren't shit without students who really want to learn. Good job dude.

Everyone keep an eye out for this guy. We could be reading about him in parachutist one day. He's a damn quick learner.

Keep on Flyin'
Keith