skyhawk

hook

i have just started to learn to do hook ok front riser turns on final any advice on learning
befor any1 flames me at the moment im doen it up high away from other traffic and slowly (ie i still have about 60- 100 m of striaghtness befor i land ) and i am only learning on good days (ok i lie i WAS only learning on good days but seen as i havent jumped for ages its past tense now :(
i live my life 14000 ft at a time, nothen else matters, in that 60 seconds or less im free

Start with both front risers on straight in approaches before you start doing 90's and 180's - this will help you learn about the recovery arc of your canopy and also the difference in speed you will experience.
HTH
BSBD
"Go hard, fast & WayLow"

>i have just started to learn to do hook ok front riser turns on final any advice on
> learning
Before you try a hook turn near the ground, you need the following skills:
Flat turns from 90-180 degrees at altitude
Flare turns 30-60 degrees during landing
Dive recovery (hint: it is _not_ always just hammering both toggles down)
Ability to land survivably with rear risers (in case you drop a toggle)
Once you have these skills, I would recommend you find someone who can teach you hook turns. Again, this is not just someone who does hook turns a lot, it's someone who understands them. It's tough to do over the net.
-bill von