fonz

Side drift

Pilots don't have to fight a 747's tendency to "run downwind" with the jet stream when they are flying east to west

Well, I always have to fight the tendency of my Hawker to 'run with the wind' - especially when I get near the jet stream......then again, maybe I'm just fighting my tendency to want to see those higher groundspeeds.. ;)
Mike

his is a common mis-perception - The side gusts many people experience at touchdown are pilot induced
by unknowningly rising the opposite toggle and sometimes pulling the same side toggle down further to the
leading foot.
You wanna get out of this bad habit before you get onto faster and less unforgiving canopies.
_________________________________________________________________________________
pay attention to what 3flier says!!!! this same mistake landed me in the hospital yesterday, counting my lucky stars that i didnt kill myself and that im only out for about 4-6 weeks.. the whole story is in the talkback forum but to sum it up: it could have been a lot worse. it looked horrible from the ground. i slammed into the earth on my left side and bounced. im lucky to be able to 'gimp' around right now.
kel
"i can not attest to what i did, just what i remember...."
~me, after one too many