DOCsa

wind tunnel in Paris

I would like to know how to get in contact with the wind tunnel in Paris ? couse anyone help me please ?

sure, you can check their webpage http://www.aerokart.fr/
The tunnel is only open a few days in the week but if you were to email or ring for info, their offices are open all week.
They are really friendly, we went there last november. The facilities are great. The local area doesnt have much about it though so only going for a day or two is recomended. But hey, paris is good for visiting too!
B|

------------
---------
"Life is an adventure, dare it"
Mother Teresa.

I am in the BPA ( UK Skydiving Governing body) and in order to fly in the tunnel, we had to produce our BPA memberships and medical certs. I think this is just to prove you are fit to fly and arent going to keel over! our medical certs here in the UK are signed by ourselves up until we are 40yrs old then we have to get a doctors signature. These are BPA rules. I cant speak for any other country tho..If you ring aerokart, they will clarify this.
hope this helps

------------------
---------
"Life is an adventure, dare it"
Mother Teresa.

I went to Aerokart windtunnel last week with a couple of friends. It was very worthwhile for us. The documentation i received stated that we all needed either a medical certificate / letter saying that we are fit to jump OR to show them our current (2004) skydiving licence.

In actual fact, they didn't ask to see any of the above when we turned up.

As what has been said - there is nothing to do in the town - a few restaurants (most that close by 9pm) There is two others that stay open until about 11pm, but there are no bars (you have to eat to drink)

Aerokart is open until 12pm (most nights?) and you can get alcohol there until close. However, if you are planning on staying there for a few days, i would certainley reccomend staying in Paris centre (approx 20 min train ride from nearest station - which is about 20 min walk) or traveling to paris. If you miss the last train back then you can get a taxi for approx 25 euro.

Have fun.

Hi there Docsa
I have been to aerokart a number of times, the first time I went, I thought of just trying it on for the novelty, but boy was I shocked!! What a professional setup, after doing my training I found that my instructor had 10k jumps, could not find a place to bury my head.:$ Are you planning a trip there? I plan to go soonish with a friend of mine maybe we could all hook up?
looking forward to hearing from you
cheers
Gavin

I have been there last year and some friends of mine are going there more often. If you have a valid skydiving license you don't need that medical stuff. I cannot really recommend to go there on a hot summer day as they have to shut down the thing when it is getting to hot - which it really did. It's due to the whole setup. The flight chamber is inside a building so fresh air can't get into it as easy as for example in the Orlando tunnel (Which I also used in August).
The actual flight zone, while being surrounded by a net and not solid walls, is bigger than in Orlando and I saw pictures of a russian 12 way team training in there. Due to this net - the airflow near the side is somewhat gusty.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!