extremeshannon

HandyCam Glove and Camera

Been reading a lot on about hhandycam gloves. I have not used a glove yet but I would like to start. I have a Sony PC120 I have read and think it is to big. I would like to know what Glove, Camera, and lens I should buy or should I use the PC120 I have. Everyone’s opinion would be great. Thanks

Do a search, has been discussed a lot.
Since 3 weeks I jump a HDR-HC5 in a waycool glove and a .25 lense. (check the waycool website for explanation, including camcorder recommendation)
http://www.waycool.com.au/page.html?chapter=100&id=18#sony

Some people consider the HC5 also to be big, Once they see the total height in the glove and footage their comments disappears

Attached some frames when I shoot in HDV mode
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

Since 3 weeks I jump a HDR-HC5 in a waycool glove and a .25 lense. (check the waycool website for explanation, including camcorder recommendation)

Some people consider the HC5 also to be big, Once they see the total height in the glove and footage their comments disappears

Do you edit in HDV? Do you find capturing longer while shootinbg in HD? I just bought a CX12 but have a Royal .2 non HD lens. Im just shooting SD thinking Im losing HD with the lens so I might as well just shoot in SD HQ.

I usually shoot in SD mode just because the slowmo is a little funky when in HD mode so its works better with my mixer board. But even when shooting in SD the picture quality is still better than the other regular DV cameras. But at the end of the day they still leave with a SD DVD. Whether the camera recorded in HD or SD.

Do you edit in HDV? Do you find capturing longer while shootinbg in HD? I just bought a CX12 but have a Royal .2 non HD lens. Im just shooting SD thinking Im losing HD with the lens so I might as well just shoot in SD HQ.

I shoot in HDV. this allows me to take framegrabs from the camera after the jump. ( I e-mail these framegraps to the passenger as bonus without charging extra money for it. You can print them in 10x15cm (4x6inch) in an acceptable quality) I edit in 16:9 DV mode.
I use the .25waycool lens which shows small corners when playeds on a laptop (nothing on DVD or in 4:3 mode)
For the moment I'm ok with this lens, but I'm open to buy a better grade for a reasonable price in case this one does not show black corners and has an size acceptable for handcam
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!