talon1206

Best Part of Coaching

I love it when a student has a jump and everything clicks. It keeps me working Harder every day to help them be better jumpers. Thought this was a cool pic of one of my students.

-Bailey

"Pilots without Maintainers are just pedestrians with cool jackets and sunglasses"

What is the real purpose of a coach, when a coach cannot sign a proficiency card...!!! The student has to repeat everything over to an instructor, doubling the number of jumps and time required to get a license. It is nice to practice with someone, but that someone should be an instructor.
Based on personal experience.....

What is the real purpose of a coach, when a coach cannot sign a proficiency card...!!! The student has to repeat everything over to an instructor, doubling the number of jumps and time required to get a license. It is nice to practice with someone, but that someone should be an instructor.
Based on personal experience.....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UUUMMMMM NO, that's not how it works:S

and Talon 1206; you should check your students gear a little more thoroughly. His jumpsuit is half open and his riser covers are flopping in the breeze. Just a suggestion.....:)

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Well the Student gear at the DZ isnt all that good. The Riser Flaps are always like that on all our student gear. But good call on the Jump Suit, no excuse for that!!

"Pilots without Maintainers are just pedestrians with cool jackets and sunglasses"

I would check out the IRM and SIM to get a little better info before making statements like that. I have and will continue to sign off my students proficiency cards, where I am allowed to.

I would check out the IRM and SIM to get a little better info before making statements like that. I have and will continue to sign off my students proficiency cards, where I am allowed to.

Would you mind clearing the confusion up and spelling that out for us?
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Check your 2007 SIM progression card, "I" indicates INSTRUCTOR. A coach cannot sign a 2007 USPA progression card, it will be rejected by the USPA.
I do not make the rules, I can only follow them.

The two cards that I submitted, one for my A and the second for my B, both had coach signatures, IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACES. I think a coach can sign some, as long as the coach is working under the supervision of an instructor.
Anyway, the USPA did not reject either of mine and did issue me first the A and then the B.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

Dude... you need to chill out, Look on the proficnecy card. If there is an I next to the task an instuctor must sign it off. Just as if there is a R a rigger must sign it off. Things such docking, swooping to a formation and other Cat G and H dives a coach can sign off.

That is why there is a coach rating.

From the SIM Sec 4-1

A USPA Coach may conduct freefall training and supervise jumps for those students in Categories E through H. A USPA Coach may also supervise static line and IAD students following a successful clear-and-pull in Category C. Until the USPA A license, all student training remains the responsibility of the USPA Instructor.

Also attached is the Student progression card. Notice on Cat E-H (page 2) there is a I/C sig block. That is for the Instructor or the Coach.

Coaches work under the supervision of an instructor. The Instructor must verify and sign for all items on the 2 sided card since that card lists only the advancement criteria for the various skills required for the A license. The A license progression card lists line-by-line all of the items a student needs to be trained for, some of which can be taught by a coach and initialed by the coach.
Sounds like you need to find a DZ that has some patience and staff that understands how to train students using a modern system, so you are better prepared to fly a modern canopy along with all of the other things an A licensed skydiver should know.
Maybe if more drop zones followed the ISP we would have fewer jumpers screwing themselves into the ground flying canopies they are not prepared to handle in a tough situation.
Go ahead and flame away!

I am interested in expanding my sky diving horizons , not merely for studying different styles . For the longest time now I would like to get started in wing suit as well . Can anyone recommend any good coaches instructors , for this discipline either in New York region or Florida ?
Who is picking up the tab for all of this ?

Cool did not realize before my last response to you that the monkey was a clicky thank you . So you coach at Z-hills several people have recommend , Z-hills to me over the last few days thank you . Maybe I can get there for a few lessons and jumps , while I am in Florida for Disney trip next month . Otherwise I'll be there regularly I hope after September . Cool Monkey clicky , how did you do that ?
Who is picking up the tab for all of this ?

No, I don't coach at Z-hills. I'm a westcoast jumper. I've only been there once, and couldn't even jump. I was poking fun at Chuck. He is at Z-hills and has just a few more wing suit jumps than me. Stop by and have some fun. He'll do you right. I will be attending F&D 3.5. maybe see you there.

>:(

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity