mattaman

Party pooper

the voice of conscience has shined through, great contribution, good to know, we all benifited from your sharing

Hey, we got a PD500 at the DZ with few few jumps on it, PM if interesed or is that still too small for ya?
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

You are right.

That's always nice to hear, especially from you; but since you DO know a lot more about the subject:

Do you think it could be a viable option*) for those of us jumping smaller tandem main canopies (whatever you think about the wisdom of that) to have 4 ring risers to prevent possible hard cutaway problems with the violent spins those canopies can produce in case of malfunctions?

Or are there mechanical disadvantages, is it harder to produce, would the TSO be void?

(Don't know what canopies you would allow in Vectors and Sigma's but do know what is available and that some of us are living and jumping in non-US legal systems/background - i.e. notwithstanding possible legal problems for US manufacturers, there's no "central world parachuting authority" to prevent this...)

*) Option as in ordering a set of four ring tandem risers for the trusted old Vector / Sigma, straight from the original manufacturer ... B|

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

A few years ago, I had a bad spinner on an experimental tandem canopy. The "G" forces were so high I thought I was going to pass out. Yet, my breakaway was virtually effortless. The hardest part was peeling the velcro. I'll say it again, a properly manufactured and maintained 3-ring system can easily handle sport tandem loads. While 4-ring risers do lessen breakaway forces, I doubt the average person would even notice the difference in an actual emergency. More complexity, with no material gain, just doesn't make any sense, does it?