TheDonMan

How about AFF out of a PAC

I have seen the thread about AFF exiting from a King Air and lord knows i have enough of them :P but what about the exit from a PAC. I have about 200 Cat A jumps from a Pac and we seem to have is down very well. was just wondering what everyone else is doing for an exit.......

The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.

A bunch of us AFF instructors went up to the one they had at the Dublin Boogie and decided that we would do it exactly like we do from an Otter or Caravan at our home dropzones. Reserve side JM outside on the step holding the floater bar with left hand across body and student left legstrap with right hand. Student in standard "right hand, right foot, left hand, left foot" posture. Head outside, both hands on leading edge of door frame, facing into the wind. Mainside JM inside the plane with both grips complete.

Outside JM has the benefit of being able to stand down on the step.

Chuck

I have never done an AFF out of the PAC but the prop blast seems to be pretty excessive........but then again I have only done AFF out of an Otter,Cessna 182/206/208 and a Casa so I have never really done a higher speed exit like a Kingair to be able to judge.
It just seems like if the student was to bone the count and the exit got a little stretched out the main side is going to have to drop knees and the reserve better swing it or it would go over the top.
Just my thought from what I felt on a normal RW exit

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid