packerboy

Full time TI's

I will speak of before I opened my own DZ and what I see because I actually made money then.

If you want to do it most places, you are best getting every rating you can (including rigger). This means you must enjoy teaching. It is not a job that will make you financially well off. You have to do it because you love it. That being said, you can get by. You can pick up a side job to help ends meet or you can just make cut backs in overhead. The main thing is be debt free and learn to save money in the good times so you can still eat in the slow times.

I use to make $400-$600 per week but I always had rigging to do during bad weeks. Now I actually have more work and just make less :S. (New DZ)

The old "to make a small fortune, start with a large fortune" thing?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

A little, but more the business less than 3 years old thing. I think we will eventually do ok and keep the bills paid. You get into this business because you love doing it, not to get rich. Even the very successful DZ's could have made more money on the same investment.

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.