base363

Tandem to AFF progression

I have owned a small midwestern DZ since 1990. We have been in the tandem and S/L business since then.

I am interested in moving to a Tandem/AFF program.

Looking for advice from anyone who use this method of progression.

Any suggestions?

PM tspillers his program is top notch. The quality of instruction and the quality of students produced with his program is freak'n amazing. The students are the kind that flat out piss you off, they have 100 jumps and they make folks with 500 jumps look really bad in the air.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've done quite a few tandem progression jumps...so if I can help with any advice I will. Are you looking at doing a progression where the student will do a certain number of tandem jumps followed by single jumpmaster AFF type jumps?
Miami

I do a lot of tandems at a small 182 DZ that has been Primarily Tandem and Static line. We do offer the IAF program but the hardest part is getting the AFF-I's. I would think that if you can keep 2 or 3 AFF-I's, then all you need to do is sit the staff down and tell them how you want the T-I's to teach to help the AFF-I's and vice versa.

Matt
SE-0299
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!