patworks

Tangent Vector:

Ever heard of an "Ear Worm" ?
Some 98% of humans, including skydivers, experience an "Ear Worm".
Sorta cool, you get a HiFi replay of whatever music gets selected.
However, you are not the DJ. He play whatever.
And, whilst you endeavor to ponder and rectify, the chosen song loops in the background.
Not unsettling, nor disrupting.... kinda nice. Good sound. in Stereo too, ... not too loud, there.
Like unto, "Hello...."

Like your shadow... but aural: Ear candy.

Cool beans. Me, I like music. Dependable sounds. Fine. Good Input. Zero Cost. Always there. Mostly. OK..............
Da point: lately we get all the "DANGER! DANGER! Invasion of Privacy! danger... ping" [This was a recorded Message....] pong.
[..... we LOVE You!....] R2D2 voice over
Whatever. My current brain-song sings:

"PARANOIA Strikes Deep!
- - - {BOOM, BOOM!} Drums" ..... Into your Heart it will Creep!

{BOOM, BOOM!} BIG drums
- "It strikes when you are alone!
- - Step outa line; you're gone!"
_ - - {Bam! BAM!} drums
chorus: "Say! Now! WHAT's that Sound?
- - - - ... Everybody know whats going down...."
{boom...boom}

Buffalo Springfield planted da Worm: '60s ??
'60s , yep.

Ref: "An earworm is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing. Phrases used to describe an earworm include musical imagery repetition, involuntary musical imagery, and stuck song syndrome. Yada, yak. " 98% of individuals experience earworms."

... mine, gives me pleasure.

Yours?

" 98% of individuals experience earworms."

Interesting post Pat!

~ I happen to be in that elite 'other' 2%. :)

It's not the we don't "experience an Ear Worm" ...to the contrary, my whole freakin' life has it's own soundtrack!! ;)

Damn 'movie-music' thing is playing 24/7 ~ which is both good AND bad.

The GOOD is ~ like watching a movie, the music 'type' you hear as the scene begins - can often give you an indication of what's to come.

Since MY life is best characterized as a 'Romantic Action-Adventure Comedy' ~ having that little 'heads-up' beforehand can really help things run smoothly.

Reading the music directly relates to reading the situation - really helps in making the right decisions, acting appropriately in a given circumstance...one inherently 'knows' if ya should loosen your belt or double-knot your shoelaces, pop a tic-tac or tighten your helmet, buy band-aids & antibiotics or prophylactics & duct tape. :$

The bad part is, it can get a bit distracting at times...especially if you run into another 2%er ~ Ya see... we can hear 'each others' soundtracks too! :o

Nuthin' WORSE than being in the middle of a day running to this; http://youtu.be/iNl4l15x8Pc B|

...and tryin' to get busy with a leggy, bumpy in all the right places redhead - who's mind obviously is elsewhere; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpjHW4mr6qo :S

COULD be worse though...B|

Sometimes I shutter to think of the abuse I endured as a child ~ my Dad also was a 2%er, (it's in the genes) and HIS soundtrack was unfortunately limited to only two genre...'Country' and of course 'Western'

http://youtu.be/A-0KHkf5V98 :|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~