ChrisD

Older Vid, some might enjoy?

Mjosparky will know for certain what the releases are but I think they are 1-shot capewells. I think they just need to be squeezed and pulled forward but I don't have my old issue of Poynters handy to tell for sure. In any event, with that kind of round canopy and a chest mount reserve she probably wouldn't have been taught how to cutaway anyway. The airplane used is a Howard and from the background hills possibly at Elsinore. Who knows about the water landing??

jimjumper

Mjosparky will know for certain what the releases are but I think they are 1-shot capewells. I think they just need to be squeezed and pulled forward but I don't have my old issue of Poynters handy to tell for sure. In any event, with that kind of round canopy and a chest mount reserve she probably wouldn't have been taught how to cutaway anyway. The airplane used is a Howard and from the background hills possibly at Elsinore. Who knows about the water landing??

I think they are 2 shots with the dust covers removed. See attachments. It is for sure a Howard but I don’t think it is Elsinore.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hi Spook,
Yup, old "2-Shots!" found on old B-4's. 'Ya' know yer old when those were on yer first rig!!" 'Think I saw the movie at Dickie and Marylins' Stumbleseat Tavern at old Elsinore one night after jumpin'. That's "Old Elsinore" alright "AND!" a "Young Dirty Ed!!" Those "Combat RW" scenes bring back some old memories!! Love that shot from inside the A/C looking out at the strut on that Howard!!! 'Loved climbing out hand over hand to out past the jury strut to do a 5-man dangle!!!! Look close at the J/M in the airplane!! Try "Bob Sinclair!!" Blue skies people!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Not sure if this has been posted before, but nothing ventured, nothi,...anyways:

mjosparky

***Mjosparky will know for certain what the releases are but I think they are 1-shot capewells. I think they just need to be squeezed and pulled forward but I don't have my old issue of Poynters handy to tell for sure. In any event, with that kind of round canopy and a chest mount reserve she probably wouldn't have been taught how to cutaway anyway. The airplane used is a Howard and from the background hills possibly at Elsinore. Who knows about the water landing??

I think they are 2 shots with the dust covers removed. See attachments. It is for sure a Howard but I don’t think it is Elsinore.

Sparky

Here are some pictures that are a little easier on the eyes:

Capewell

And here is from some internet site, Kind of fun????? Anyways I'm sure most have seen this already, but for those that haven't:

Flicker My thanks to the original Flicker up-loader!!! :)
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Why the water landing? Makes about as much sense as the rest of the 1960's psychobabble. Cool old school Elsinore though.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

mjosparky probably, maybe, knows more about that than I. I suspect if my memory serves me, water landings were more popular back in the 60's. I can only speculate, money, publicity value, perhaps her knees were junk??? I think one of her instructors has already posted??? Perhaps he knows, or if it was for a medical reason, perhaps he's protecting her privacy?

Was cool though, wasn't it!

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Dunno why the water landing in this particular case, but they were more common. A reserve repack only cost $5, canopies weren't zero porosity, and no one had a Cypres. No big deal.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)