BCA

vintage gear

Looking for advice on what would be a good asking price for:

conventional harness & container (Mini-system with front mount reserve)

1973 vintage PC - good condition, very jumpable

reserve is 26' navy conicle - I wouldn't recommend jumping with it.

Don't know if there is a market for this or not, but appreciate any input.

Well I have seen a shit load of that stuff given away for free to a caring a loving users who would take care of and use it....... I also have seen that same stuff sell for 500 bucks......LOL get more then you paid for back in the day.:S:)
What is wrong with the 26 navy? I could use one of those for a wart if it's airworthy.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

My experience with a landing on a 26 Navy conical reserve was that it was a far softer landing than I ever had on a 28 ft C9 military round canopy.
Others at my DZ had similar experiences with their Navy conicals.

Sure a LoPo might be better if you want a round reserve, but the Navy coni was a good reserve canopy. Personally, if I wete going to jump a round reserve these days it would have to be one that was diaper deployed. The last thing you need is an inversion malfunction on your reserve.

I was jumping a 1950s Navy conical in the 1970s. That canopy (which I still have) is now over half a century old. It might be tough to find riggers who would sign off on such an aged canopy.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Hi 377,

My experience with a landing on a 26 Navy conical reserve was that it was a far softer landing than I ever had on a 28 ft C9 military round canopy.

+1,

JerryBaumchen

PS) One can always add a diaper to the Navy Conical.

+2 but the 50s model Navy's had an anti glare coating that eventually caused a weakening of the fabric. I jumped one for years and had several rides on it before the fabric finally got so bad it tore on the old Thumb test. The only stress test of the day, but effective.
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!