efs4ever

Bickerdike, Chris, New photos from Decatur

One night in Decatur in February 1983 at his pad at the dropzone.

I'm sure it was a Friday, because I would go out there to be ready for my students bright and early. It was about 75 miles from my home to the dz.

We just hung out and went for coffee late night.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

These photos have never been printed. (Well, ONE of them has.) I've been going through old negatives and scanning them to disk. I believe there will be more as I get through the pile.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676

The Star Light Inn. I remember when Ed Lynn's mother worked there in 1976 or so. We'd hang out there after jumping -no where else to go back then Decatur was small and 'out of the way' 33 years ago. Man, I was 21 and have some great memories from those few years. Didn't have any money, no future, no plans, nothing but parachute jumping - its all I had back then. But when I think about it - life was pretty fucking simple - no problems just young and stupid.
Glad you were taking so many pictures and athnks for sharing them they sure bring back some stuff.

What became of him ?

------------------------------------------------
In July '86, Chris and Todd Cudnowsky (sp?) became the first two people to "land" a downplane at Raeford, NC.

Todd was, amazingly, uninjured and only knocked out. Chris got fucked up pretty badly and was eventually discharged on a Medical from the military.

I had just returned from Germany for school that summer and met Todd about 2 weeks afterwards. Chris, Todd, me and many others had done a lot of CRW together in the 2 years prior. Todd was reserved and kinda closed lip about it. I learned later that he couldn't remember the impact.

Sometime later, (someone help me out here) he was in San Antonio, TX doing a jump and went in around end of '86 or early '87 when he couldn't reach/feel his throw out with heavy gloves. No pull and went through a car port. I read about his death in the Star & Stripes before coming back over.

It was a double Whamy because my old roommate, Paul Jackson, died around the same time as Chris on a GK jump as video guy in Florida. :(

Sad. :( Chris was an awesome guy and artist.

I hope that the guy who got his logbooks(s) will eventually post some of his drawings. I especially want to see his drawing of us when we landed a bi-plane with Chris on top and sitting on his slider!! ;)

BSBD

These photos have never been printed. (Well, ONE of them has.) I've been going through old negatives and scanning them to disk. I believe there will be more as I get through the pile.

Hey Russel,

Have you found anymore negatives with Chris in them?

BTW, didn't I meet you at Skydive Houston one time around '99? Do you have a daughter name Coleen (or similar name) who just started jumping around that time? I was a 3L at the time.

Blue Skies

Hey Russel,

Have you found anymore negatives with Chris in them?

I'm sure I'll find some more as I go through the pile.

BTW, didn't I meet you at Skydive Houston one time around '99? Do you have a daughter name Coleen (or similar name) who just started jumping around that time? I was a 3L at the time.

I was at SDH for many years. Started doing tandems there in '99. You might be thinking of Lee McMillian with the jumping daughter. Mine only did some tandems.

Blue Skies

Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676