GreenLight

Who's Plane Was This?

OK here's a good one for you really old guys...

Included are two photos of a crashed Beech and I have no idea who owned it. But here is the story on another thread in a photography forum. There are actually two stories so read the whole thread. The second story claims it was a skydiving plane. I'm wondering if anyone here knows who owned this plane and from what DZ did it come.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63366
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

This has been talked about in the history fourm, I don't remember the thread title, but this was a jumpship from what I remember in the thread, one of the old timers from out west/NV would know, BOZO, Sparky, Zing. If you really search you'll find it, scary stories from the old days?
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I think if you look under 'chicken ranch', you might find it. I guess they had a meet there as an annual event for a while.
Yup, it's there...

"I've still got my "Support Your Local Hooker" T-shirt.

I was at the meet in 1977, and was on the winning team in the 5 way scrambles. The prize was a 30 minute gift certificate, and according to my logbook entry the name of the prize was "Christine." Oh yes, there's a trophy.

The girls though my solid red Paradactyl looked like a giant valenetine.

Joe, knocking on the door in the morning: "Harry, are you up yet?"

Female voice from under the covers: "Not yet, but I'm working on it."

Blue Skies!

Harry "
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Thats was the Beech from the old Yolo Dz.
The event was one of the Frans Star Ranch Whorehouse boogies.
The plane , as I remember did a ground loop on landing. Nobody was killed but as you can see destroyed the plane.
I'm sure someone will check in with the year because those days are all a blur for me....but goddamn was that a hellacious boogie.
The last one I went to had Van Prays Otter from Cal City....forget that year too. I was doing tandems for the whores....they tip good.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

The last one I went to had Van Prays Otter from Cal City....forget that year too. I was doing tandems for the whores....they tip good.

It was 1992, I took my Girl friend (now wife) for our first, (she bought her beer) skydiving road trip, she had all of 24 jumps. a good time was had by all,
Except for Stratford, he won the accuricy contest, the prize was he got a free romp with the girls of his choice, but the girl wouldn't do him,..............

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1541764;search_string=fran%27s%20ranch;#1541764
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2208015;page=unread#unread

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

Yea Larry, that was Yolo's Beech.
We had just jumped from Spike's Beech (that we had flown up fom Taft), built a 10 man and looked down, to see a Beech buzz the runway. I remember thinking that Spike sure got down quick when there was a cloud of dust caused by the Beech spinning on the runway. About that time we were about 2000' so we broke off and tracked away.
A couple of us landed near the carcass only to see a couple passengers (girls) get out laughing and giggling. One turned to the pilot and said "That was fun! Can we do it again?"
After that Norm bought me my 21st birthday present there......he is a true friend!
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

Yup, it's there...

"I've still got my "Support Your Local Hooker" T-shirt.

I was at the meet in 1977, and was on the winning team in the 5 way scrambles. The prize was a 30 minute gift certificate, and according to my logbook entry the name of the prize was "Christine." Oh yes, there's a trophy.

The girls though my solid red Paradactyl looked like a giant valenetine.

Joe, knocking on the door in the morning: "Harry, are you up yet?"

Female voice from under the covers: "Not yet, but I'm working on it."

Blue Skies!

Harry "

That's a quote from our friend, the late Harry Leicher, aka "It'llclear" at these forums. Harry went in last year after a massive heart failure left him unresonsive under a spinning canopy at Perris. He is greatly missed by many many skydivers and many more pilots who he trained as a flight instructor. He was a wonderful, one in a million kind of guy. Check out his memorial in the Blue Skies thread.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !