andrewhilton

Name another harness/container

Can anyone help identify this North American harness/container?

I have a few ideas as to what it might be but can't be sure. It has no identifying labels but has a few features of another design I know of, I wonder if its a genuine evolution of that (I'll name it in a while, lets see what answers we get in the meantime) or a copy.

It has no chest strap, presumably the feeling was that the chest mounted reserve would do that job (as long as it remained clipped on both sides.....) and no legstrap hardware.

Thanks for any help.

If the main lift web hadnt changed colors does it appear to be possibly one continous piece? By looking at the reversed rip cord housing it may be the original Super-Swooper by the Jump Shack when they were operating out of John Shermans basement in Farmington Mi in the early 70,s.. Ihad one all black with the continous one piece webbing. We were told as it didnt have a TSO tag we were test jumping it for John. Shortly after this model they mounted a Pop-Top on the back to make the first SST. Thats as close as I can come especially with the under slung rip cord housing.

The back diagonals junction with the horizontal back strap look a lot like my prototype super swooper tandem. As does all the stitching. But my SST has a H harness, the back diagonals are diagonal. Apparently this didn't make to the production version. Mine was given to the world team in 1974 or 75. Bought from the original owner and jumped it until it went 'Struggle Struggel Thum..' Just short of the Thump of impact (300') :S

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Thanks for the replies so far .

The question that remains now is whether anyone can verify this as an original Super Swooper conventional main container? (Not heard back from Jump Shack yet)

Is there anything about it that marks it one way or the other as original or copy?

Any further help is much appreciated as always