slotperfect

Need Help From Your Training Archives

I am working on a project and looking for some good instructional documentation - graphics illustrating crabbing techniques in particular - on canopy control for "steerable" round canopies (and yes, I use that term loosely). If anyone has anything worthwhile from their training archives please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Arrive Safely

John

I am sure this has already been done, but I will throw it out htere any way (makes me fee lgood you know?B|).

Back "in the day" we had to go to "Dash one" school at Bragg and they had a slide show at the Advanced Airborne Dept.

Plus the two JM Schools and Pathfinder Schools used to have some stuff on that very subject. Not to mention the archive of stuff the 507th has. Your "in" there is probably the "Silver Wings".

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Poynter's book, Skydiving, had pretty good descriptions for canopy control. At least the older versions did. Not sure whether they're there or not.

BTW the way, the last round I jumped in 2005 I put in the 30' pea pit.;) Sounds steerable to me.:P

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Those jumpers landed downwind on purpose and depended much more on ideal wind conditions than we do today with our modern ram-air canopies.

This project involves fine-tuning round canopy control techniques for the safest possible landing into the wind and free of obstacles.

Do you have an old Parachutist from the 1960's with the type of graphical representation I am looking for?
Arrive Safely

John