andrewhilton

Vintage Gear Collectors and Collections

As one of the vintage gear collectors on this forum I bet I'm not alone in accumulating bits and pieces I won’t throw away (I sometimes think I may never throw any gear away again ever). However I do have a growing set of gear that I would be willing to swap and help other collectors with. Others in a similar situation could post their surplus items here and we could all help each other out.

Currently I have the following items that fall into this category. PM me if you have any interest, I am more interested in swapping for items I can extend my collection with, rather than selling simply for money

Django Pegasus, has many jumps but is fully airworthy, jumped recently to test.

2 x slider installed ParaFlite Stratostar main canopies, airworthy

A brand new GQ 6.5m Aeroconical round canopy, dated 1989. Still in the original manufacturer packaging.

An Altitude Shop Top Secret Container. Fitted with R3's. Airworthy, not withstanding any required Safety Notices that may still apply.

A variety of old hardware and capewells

A Thomas Sports Equipment Chaser container - this is a mid 80's British JumpShack Racer copy, with 3 ring and legstrap throwaway main deployment.

A ParaFlite slider installed Stratocloud main canopy, looks airworthy, but not yet fully inspected yet.

Beatnik not only collects old gear, he restores it (he is a rigger) and jumps it. Bet he will be contacting you soon.

I jumped a Top Secret for a while. Didnt care for the plastic ripcord handles, but I liked the rig a lot. The guys that made it (Altitude Shop) had their store right in downtown Vallejo CA, not at a DZ. They sold rock climbing gear and skydiving gear.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Here's my Top Secret, ...

There's a rig only its mother could love. It looks like they were using up the last of all colors of parapack when they made that one.

If you ordered it custom made that way, please disregard the preceeding. ;)

Kevin K.