lodestar

Old Friends

Hey there,
I just joined the forum this morning and am delighted to find it!
Am looking for old buddies from the late 60's, some names, Scratch Garrison, John Sherman, Bob and Niki Hill, Peanuts, Lurch, Neil and Grace Bothamly, or in general anyone who was around z-hills from 69 through 75...
I know, it's a long way back but the mind remembers all those people........some more from Wisconsin, Pam Mackenroth, Ben Laycsak, Hank Asscuitto, Terry Prouty, Phil Goetch, Paul Donnely, Joe Dog, and anyone jumping in or around Aero Park airport in Wisconsin, Omro drop zone, wisconsin, Rainbow airport wisconsin,
Hope to catch up with some of you...
Thanks.
Tuna

Hi Star,
Some old fartz?? If you find Terry Prouty definitely hook him up with my e-add.. he used to hang out at old Elsinore '67-'68 before I went to the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club!! Hank A. is in AZ I think, go to AirTrash.com and his name and add is on the members list??
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Thanks for the post Harry, I flew for jeff at the rainbow apt from 62 till 69 and then moved to zhills.
Another interesting thing, At Bong afb, about six of us from chacago, ben laycsak, hand ascuitto, joe donley, a guy named mike, pam mackenroth and a couple of others established the dz there working from a farmhouse on the east end.(the para-ponderosa i think) We used grass strips and began flying jumpers there for a short time. I remember distinctly to get in the air, you had to pull out from the tiedown in front of the barn, and throttle up, going between a double row of trees with some ten feet either side of the wing, until you broke out in the clear and got enough airspeed to get her off. We leased a cessna 180 from a guy in chicago. We converted the farmers chicken coop (paracoop)into a packing and bunkhouse and usually after a long day jumping, would head for Mars cheese castle and drink our selves shitfaced.
Probably the worst instance of law breaking was hank and ben, using 44 mags, shot out three or four stoplights nearby, which resulted in the cops waking us up at 3 am. Hank just let go on them and cussed them out for waking everyone up, had they bothered to look they would have found a small arsenal under the pillows....they left though.
Had lots of good times there, ben and I often would rent a cub in milwaukee and fly it all over for the weekend, putting a few jumpers small enough out the door now and then.
Thanks for the memories...
Bill Tuna Case

Hey there,
I just joined the forum this morning and am delighted to find it!
Am looking for old buddies from the late 60's, some names, Scratch Garrison, John Sherman, Bob and Niki Hill, Peanuts, Lurch, Neil and Grace Bothamly, or in general anyone who was around z-hills from 69 through 75...
I know, it's a long way back but the mind remembers all those people........some more from Wisconsin, Pam Mackenroth, Ben Laycsak, Hank Asscuitto, Terry Prouty, Phil Goetch, Paul Donnely, Joe Dog, and anyone jumping in or around Aero Park airport in Wisconsin, Omro drop zone, wisconsin, Rainbow airport wisconsin,
Hope to catch up with some of you...
Thanks.
Tuna

If you manage to come up with Peanuts' email, please let me know as I would love to say hi!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Roger, am thinking you mean Laura Lanciotti? if so, pm me ive got some info on her...don't have her email though...would love it as well...
bill

Nope, don't know that name. Peanuts was/is a guy. he was "old" when I started (maybe 40 to my 20), but I have heard he still lives...

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Rainbow has some interesting alumni from the late 60's

2 jumpers (Hank Ascuitto & John Sherman) became gear Mfr.'s, and even I managed to get elected for a term on the USPA BOD.

BSBD

Harry L.
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."