murrays

Paddy McHugh - Aussie

The second year I was jumping, 1981, an Aussie by the name of Paddy McHugh spent a couple of weeks at our dz in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

Paddy once rode camels across the Outback in Australia and was on the cover of National Geographic. He was a fun guy and he taught me how to pack a square.

Anybody know anything about him?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The second year I was jumping, 1981, an Aussie by the name of Paddy McHugh spent a couple of weeks at our dz in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

Paddy once rode camels across the Outback in Australia and was on the cover of National Geographic. He was a fun guy and he taught me how to pack a square.

google him hes got a camel farm in oz
Anybody know anything about him?

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Paddy used to jump at Toogoolawah in the 80s when I was there. That was after he finished flying camera for the Aussie team Promethius.
I don't believe he jumps anymore.
Last I heard of him, around 87 he was gone into the outback to catch and break camels to send back to the middle east!!!! :oNo serious:)Try getting in touch with Dave McEvoy through the Toogoolawah web page. I'll bet he knows where he is these days
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

Google truly knows all! Thanks for telling me what I should have tried to begin with.

Paddy has a very interesting life, leading treks of all sorts in the wilds of Australia and very involved in fostering a camel industry in Australia.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I met Paddy up at the Kathering Boogie in Northern Australia back in 79 or 80. Hitchhiked from Brisbane to Katherine thru the outback and thought I had a great story to tell, until I met Paddie. Know Dave Macevoy from then also. Lots of singing and drinking beer. They had a whole cow in the freezer for the eve. barbeques.