murrays

Like Finding Gold!!

A couple of weeks ago one of the young guys in the club cleaned out the clubhouse attic. He called me and told me he had a parachute for me...me being a dinosaur to the young guys....and did I want to pick it up? A day or so later I swung by his place and picked up a four pin rig with a sleeve and a parachute in the sleeve. I asked him what kind of main it was and he said....a PC.

It wasn't until the night before last that I got a chance to lay everything out on my front lawn and open the sleeve to see what was inside it. Well, it was like discovering GOLD!!! It wasn't a PC, it was a 7TU C9! In excellent, excellent shape.

I made my first jump on a 7TU C9 on May 31, 1980. Guess what I'm gonna jump on May 31, 2005? B|
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Got a reserve to go with it?

I have another 3 pin rig with a PC and a front mount 24' "swinger" reserve. But, I think I'll pack it into a modern rig with 3-rings. I don't mind jumping a cheapo, PC or dactyl as a main but I really don't want to jump conventional gear. The thought of a high speed opening on a 24' diaperless round.....:P
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I still have the first canopy I ever owned, a Switlick 7-TU.

Date of Manufacture 02/58.

Yes, I'm ancient. My wife is older than my first parachute-- but not by much!

Blue Skies!

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

I still have the first canopy I ever owned, a Switlick 7-TU.

Date of Manufacture 02/58.

Yes, I'm ancient. My wife is older than my first parachute-- but not by much!

Blue Skies!

Harry

Cradle robber;) But we need a sweet young thing to take care of us in our old age:)

"Be careful when you sleep with a vet you don't want make her >:( "

R.I.P.

Hi Ray,
You lucky bastard!! A 28' C-9, 7-TU cheap-po in excellent shape after all these years!! Sounds like it is in better shape than "I" am,:D:D:D !! Have a great jump and wish I was there with you!! Got 250 +/- 10 jumps on various cheap-po's in the early daze!! I was a lot "lighter" too!! Today my feet would probably make a small crater where I hit!!:D:D
PS, Got a 24' "Fashion Frocks" MAR1943 "Twill" reserve chest mount in the archives,"If you dare!!?" The canopy is still in good shape, it still stands up to the thumb test!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

"The thought of a high speed opening on a diaperless 24 ft round . . . "

For me, its the memory of such a 'feat.' I am absolutely positive it left boot prints on the back of my helmet. The body bend point is the horizontal backstrap of the B4 harness.

Be thankful that we have progressed.