rgoper

This Post Is Being Made

..........to get the number of posts changed, i just couldn't stand looking at it any longer. so in keeping with safety and training, remember, if your not mentally prepared, you shouldn't jump. :P
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

..........to get the number of posts changed, i just couldn't stand looking at it any longer. so in keeping with safety and training, remember, if your not mentally prepared, you shouldn't jump. :P

Thanks for that, it's been bothering me all day.. :)
Check your Rapide links

--
Hook high, flare on time

That's actually a good point. Sometimes I'm just not mentally up for throwing myself out of "a perfectly good plane" and just want to hang out or get a packing lesson. It bugs me that then people try to push, pull, drag me onto the plane when I say "just not today". I know they just want me to have fun but this is some serious business and best be prepared fully for it. If I don't feel like it, I don't want to have to give 10 reasons why!

Also, as I newbie I'd just like to say that a jump requires more mentally from me then I think it does for someone with 1000 jumps. Me doing it hungover is not the same as Mr. McSkydiver who has jumped his rig 300 times this year alone jumping hungover. I'm NOT a wuss for sitting one out!

Gale
I'm drowning...so come inside
Welcome to my...dirty mind

My thanks also- I was annoyed by it also-
Fully agree with mental prep- Had my best skydive ever when I did more mental prep than ever before-(actually spen almost the entire ride up going through the dive in my head-) And if I wasn't dirt diving in my head I was going through emergency procedures- and screwing with the tandems -
Well and simply put-
BLUE ONES!!!

Easy Does It

you should never jump if for any reason you feel not up to it... jump 1 or jump 1000, you are not a wuss... you may in fact, thinking like that, live long enough to turn into one very good skydiver and anyone that thinks you should jump on a day you feel like you should not, for whatever reason, is not your friend.
The easiest way to die in this sport is to not be ready for anything that may occur, and to jump when you are not mentally and physically ready to do so, can lead to high speed disaster, I sure would hate to be the one that talked you into going on the jump you said you were not ready to handle and then burned in on... The Reaper is lurking every dive.

Stick with your instincts they will do you right every time.

Bill

Play hard, Pull high, Pay attention

Bill

have fun, love life, be nice to the humans

hey, all, thanks for understanding! it's kinda like the 13th load, or the 13th floor in most buildings (most of which are engineered without labeling the thirteenth floor) it just, well, it, well it suked! K? B|
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

>:(:)[:/]
I really dislike DZ's that pressure me into jumping. I was at one a while back where the staff conveyed the idea that if I wasn't going to jump 4 or more that day, I'd had no right to be there! I might want to do 8 one day and 1 the next, shouldn't I have that option?? Has anyone else felt like this?
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

if I wasn't going to jump 4 or more that day, I'd had no right to be there!

Dude, that sucks! At Aggieland, even if you're not jumping, can't jump, can't afford to jump, etc. we hope to see you out there hanging out, or atleast hope to see you come out after the beer light so you can join us for some food and a beer.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Time in sport... We have all heard the term. Just hanging out at the DZ is a huge learning experience. You get to watch all types of people land, fly their canopies watch videos and learn. It all ads up. So no DZ should try to run people off if they think they aren't making enough jumps. Especially the new folks. I encourage all the newbies to come watch if you don't have the cash. Hang out and learn. Nothing wrong with being able to pack as you get off student status. Drink beer at the end of the day and enjoy ALL the reason we jump...