davelepka

Ta-Ta's and Tailgates, Aerohio 9/20 - 9/22

Yep, things are coming together nicely. Now it seems the flock it going to take a shot at the Ohio wingsuit record (whatever that currently may be).

There's been some talk of bringing in a Caravan to bump the lift capacity, but that hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

Speaking of lift capacity, the registration includes a raffle ticket to win a slot in one of the cleanest, fully restored, radial powered Beech-18s around. This plane is waaaaay too nice to put into the regular boogie rotation, but the owner/pilot was nice enough to offer to fly a 'couple' loads. We figured that a raffle was the best way to handle the limited number of slots, so the good news is that the odds of winning are better than just a single prize as there are 'several' slots up for grabs. Exactly how many slots is still 'to be determined' as the plane currently has a full interior (seats!), and the jury is still out as far as how much of the interior (if any) will be removed for the boogie.

So far there's 100+ jumpers registered, the band is booked for Sat night, and I'll be picking up several kegs next week, so there's no way this isn't going to turn into a good time.

Dave L and I have been talking about an Ohio head down record shot as well. We may need a few more bodies....

Any competent head down fliers in the area- make the trip!!! I think the record is 10 people. Lets make this happen!!

BTW- I think the Caravan has been confirmed to be there. They may only fly as needed but it will be available. The Pilot is going to be making AFF jumps if he isn't needed!
BASE 1384

I think the current record is 12. Confirm with the USPA since last weekend at Work Stinks they made several attempts at 18ish ways and I am not sure if they succeeded or not. :)
There is no current Wingsuit Record that I am aware of for the state so if you can find a national judge you can set it at 4 or higher :)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Minor update, the boogie has been renamed as Ta-Ta's and Twins due to the Skyvan having some (major) engine trouble last weekend, so it's been replaced with a Super Otter that will do 3+ loads per hour. Our regular Caravan will be there as well.

Everything else stands, including high altitude loads w/ oxygen included (you do need to pre-manifest for those loads). Organizers, food (good food), beer, a kick-ass band on Sat, games, door prizes, and everyone who registers gets a raffle ticket for a jump out of a radial-powered Beech 18.