peek

I have dropzone.com name tag ribbons for the PIA Symposium

I'm leaving for the USPA BOD meeting and PIA Symposium this morning.

Every time I go to the Symposium I realize that there are dropzone.com users all over the place, but since I don't know them, I never get a chance to meet them, which is what skydiving is all about, isn't it?

So I contacted Sangiro and got permission to use the dropzone.com logo, and I had ribbons made that we can write our names on and stick on below the Symposium name badge (or other ribbons we might have such as Speaker, Sponsor, etc.)

(I made the horizontal type because that is the type they have been using for several Symposiums. If they have changed it this time, we will have to figure out something.)

I will have some, and I will give some to the Moderators that are there, so if you see any of us, just ask for one, starting about Sunday after registration opens.

See you there.

(Gary) peek

That's a cool idea. Although I won't be going to the PIA Symposium, I could use one of those ribbons, as could a bunch of us, when we go to boogies such as the St. Patrick's Day in Fitzgerald, to help recognize others that we only know online.

I missed a bunch that I was wanting to meet and chat with in person, and they were around. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How do yo plan to do the annomous users, considering they outnumber others ten to one???
:)
C

Would JohnRich need about 10 ribbons? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How do yo plan to do the annomous users, considering they outnumber others ten to one???
C

I just laughed so hard I think I just ripped some stiches,...Thanks (Billy) man that was great!!!!
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

C

I just laughed so hard I think I just ripped some stiches,...Thanks (Billy) man that was great!!!!

You're welcome. Now go get those stitches checked out. Hope I didn't mess you up too badly. [:/]

I'm leaving for the USPA BOD meeting and PIA Symposium this morning.

Every time I go to the Symposium I realize that there are dropzone.com users all over the place, but since I don't know them, I never get a chance to meet them, which is what skydiving is all about, isn't it?

So I contacted Sangiro and got permission to use the dropzone.com logo, and I had ribbons made that we can write our names on and stick on below the Symposium name badge (or other ribbons we might have such as Speaker, Sponsor, etc.)

(I made the horizontal type because that is the type they have been using for several Symposiums. If they have changed it this time, we will have to figure out something.)

I will have some, and I will give some to the Moderators that are there, so if you see any of us, just ask for one, starting about Sunday after registration opens.

See you there.

(Gary) peek

;)

You might as well jump in with both feet and design a patch or some other marketing stuff at this point???

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Not much time left. Get yours while you can. I'll be at the Exhibit Hall this evening and some of the Moderators and Sangiro have some with them too.

Strangly enough, some people are not wanting to write their User Names on them. What could be better than finding out who that person is that you have better arguing with on dropzone.com?

Thanks for having those made, Gary! I even used one as my business card so I could join the raffle for the altimeter. I didn't win. [:/]

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

... I had ribbons made that we can write our names on and stick on below the Symposium name badge

That worked fairly well and we had quite a few users that wore them, but I realized that those ribbons are so small that even if a person wrote their user name really big on it, I could not read it at a glance!

So I didn't really meet too many users that I didn't know already. But hey, I have another souvenir. (I have kept all of my Symposium name tags over the years.)

For the next Symposium I am going to plan a meet-and-greet or something. We have 2 years to think about how to make it attract a bunch of users. Alcohol perhaps?