skydivingjane

R and R Mid October

I have my R and R from my job site in Indiana on October 17-23rd. I am in serious need of a bitchin' good time with new faces amd some free flying. I'm a baby jumper (105 jumps), but very eager to learn. Where can I camp out that is warm and welcoming? I am looking to jump my ass off and party like a rockstar at night.

Thanks!
"Those who do, can't explain; Those who don't, can't understand..."

I have my R and R from my job site in Indiana on October 17-23rd. I am in serious need of a bitchin' good time with new faces amd some free flying. I'm a baby jumper (105 jumps), but very eager to learn. Where can I camp out that is warm and welcoming? I am looking to jump my ass off and party like a rockstar at night.

Thanks!

A bit late for Chicks Rock... at Elsinore... and a little too early for the Nationals at Eloy AZ.

AS someone else said in your other thread.. Elsinore or Eloy.. I second that.

Weather at both DZ's that time of year is usually pretty darn good and even with 100 jumps you will find organizers and people to jump with at both.. Good luck and have fun. :)
http://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from:ORD,to:PHX,departure:10%2F16%2F2012TANYT&leg2=from:PHX,to:ORD,departure:10%2F23%2F2012TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass:coach,nopenalty:N,sortby:price&mode=search

http://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from:Chicago,%20IL,%20United%20States%20(ORD-O'Hare%20Intl.),to:ONT,departure:10%2F16%2F2012TANYT&leg2=from:ONT,to:Chicago,%20IL,%20United%20States%20(ORD-O'Hare%20Intl.),departure:10%2F23%2F2012TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass:coach,nopenalty:N,sortby:price&mode=search

Go to SoCal for sure. Fly into LA, San Diego, or Ontario, and then jump at Perris and Elsinore. Both DZs are great, with tons of people and multiple turbines flying on a daily basis, and they are literally 20 min apart. On top of it all, Perris has a wind tunnel in the parking lot.

Perris has the IHOP (international house of parachutists) which is a bunk house on the DZ. They also have a great shower house and restaurant. Aside from that, I'm sure there are good hotels somewhere near there, maybe one of the locals can chime in with ideas for places to stay. Maybe you'll get lucky and a local jumper can rent you room for a week so you can stay in a real house.

Elsinore and Eloy, especially for freefly.
Both have decent bunkhouses, both have a great vibe, Eloy has its own tunnel, elsinore has the Perris tunnel (30mins drive away).
Eloy has it's own bar "The Bent Prop" which is often party centralB|.
both have a very cool core crew of freefliers.

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?