AHarada

Dropzones in S. Korea?

Looks like I might be relocating to S. Korea. I haven't yet started my AFF classes, but before I found out that I'm going to Korea I was planning to start them. I do have a few months before I leave, so I could get my AFF courses done stateside between now and then.

Is the class A license the international standard?

Does anyone have any experience with DZ's near Seoul? I'd imagine the language barrier might be a small issue [:/]

A couple friends of mine moved out there, apparently jumping is horribly expensive.

I have their gear here waiting for them to come back and jump.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Dang, that's not what I was hoping for. Oh well, I guess I can look forward to jumping everytime I am back in the US.

Does the A license expire if you don't jump very often? If so, what is the timeline and amount of jumps you need to log to maintain a license?

Best advice I can give you:
Don't start your AFF until you leave S. Korea for good.
Forget skydiving (for the moment), start paragliding. Paragliding is MUCH bigger in S.Korea.

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

I did a couple of jumps there and Thailand isnt too far away (two dropzones). They also jump in Japan. Guam has a tandem factory so no fun jumping there. It was 80,000w to jump in Korea from a Heli @ 9000ft. 3 words; Don't land off. Be licenced, current and own all of your own gear when you get there otherwise it is too expensive to do. A repack is 100,000w. PM and I can give you more info when I am not at work.