Scrumpot

Skydive America California

I have a bunch of friends asking me about this DZ. I do not know anything about them, so said that I would ask around. They are supposedly, a "beach location" DZ in Oceanside, CA.

Anyone with any information on them?
Good place to send a group of Whuffo friends?
Legit service provider, etc. etc.?

Please don't refer me to their website or Yelp community page "coupon sale" deal pages. Just like my whuffo friends - sure, I can see those too. I'm looking for any actual possible "hands-on" knowledge, feedback/insight and/or experience that I'm sure some of you must have out there.

TIA & Blue Skies!
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Presumably they are unrelated to Skydive America Palm Beach, who some will remember as being run by someone who spent lavishly and was very popular for a while. But he massively defrauded his investors, and maybe even went to jail for that fraud. That's how I recall it, whether exactly right or not.

Or it could be totally unrelated, trying to pick a cool name. Then it would just be unfortunate that the owners picked a name that would breed suspicion by jumpers who have been around since the 1990s.

So whose DZ is this?

Is it Rich Grimm's?
He's well known, very experienced, and popular for having organized skydiving adventures AFAIK. It's been years since I met him.
But that was supposed to be Tsunami Skydivers?

Or is Skydive America one of those fake Skyride dropzones that doesn't exist other than as a web site?

Picture on the website is of a tandem pair exiting a Caravan. The "cheap fare" option is for a "7 &1/2 minute skydive from 7,500ft". Then of course, many other added-cost OPTIONS that presumably, the pedestrian whuffo could "upgrade"/opt for, like:

"Up to 12,000 - ADD XXX"
"Max Altitude" - ADD another XXX" (or something like that ...I'm not at a place I can reference the website this very moment to EXACT quote)

Might just be a great "bucket-list" get this 1 & done outa-the-way kinda deal place, but I just don't know. Someone out here has got to have more direct, available knowledge.

The "yelp-sale" coupon deal (supposedly something like a 60%? savings) "ends soon" (again - supposedly) & I'd like to be able to reassure (if I can) some whuffo friend peeps, they're not getting ripped off, if I can. You know whuffo's ...all starry-eyed and anxious!

I did at least already tell them that they won't get a whole lot of freefall, from only 7,500 - if that is something they are even considering. One mentioned a friends awesome video from NZ & had no idea what difference jumping from (he said they did) 15k there - as compared to only 7,500 would be.

I also would not imagine they're necessarily flying a Caravan for these particular (low/7,500) jumps either. But who knows. There is no mention of ANY particulars really, to this - other than the "glitzy" sales stuff of it. You know... Here's what you get: "An exciting, blah-blah, blah ...video of your adventure ...and (of course) a t-shirt"

The whuffo's are salivating! ;)

If anyone can fill me in on FULLY and FACTUALLY what they can actually expect when they post-up for their jumps of a lifetime ...please do, let me know.

Thanks again in advance for anything possibly actual/1st hand.

Blues,
-Grant

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I would just steer them towards San Diego, Elsinore, or Perris. In speaking with the person at SD Cali, it didnt sounds like they did beach jumps. I think half the fun is hanging out watching other skydivers land while waiting for your tandem. I think it would make the drive worth it, and you essentially get the same or better scenery.

I don't have first hand knowledge of this place though, I will check back to see what others have.

T

OK. My friend bought two tandems from them last week. They cancelled both Monday and Tuesday this week citing "weather" as a reason. As a pilot and a skydiver, and someone who works 5 miles south of the airport, I call complete bullshit. You could not find anything in the sky today but blue.