weazin77

skydiving in Korea

There used to be (late 1990's) a club in camp casey Sept 11 shut that down.

There IS(was in 2002) a place to jump I didn't find it until my last month there and I had already shipped my gear home.
Talk to the people who work there.

There was a korean who worked at tickets and tours who told me about it....but he said you basically have to bribe the pilots to stop drinking.

I didn't go looking too hard after that. I just went to australia for mid tour and jumped for 2 weeks.
My photos

My Videos

Hey, my husband and I are here. There is supposedly a place here in Seoul that jumps twice a month, but it's like $80/jump. I know for certain there is a KPA, and I know this past Christmas there was a Korean from the area at zhills going through the AFF-I course.

We haven't found the place yet, but we also haven't looked hard (we did a lot of googling before coming here). We actually left our gear stateside with a friend. Should we go looking for jumping and decide it's worth jumping here, then said friend will ship our stuff over.

I'll start looking for more info and will let you know soon. When will you be here and do you know where you'll be yet?

ETA: http://www.skydivingschool.or.kr/main.php

Gday,

Skydiving does exist here - the Seoul Skydiving School jumps during the summer from helicopters at 80,000 a jump. A repack will cost you 100,000. The instructors are very experienced and have spent a lot of time in the states (mostly at Elsinor) and there is like 7 riggers, 8 tandem instructors and 6 Aff instructors. The rest are a little bit crazy (kinda like their driving) but they were all very nice. There are also a few US military guys that jump and I know atleast one engineer and one other English teacher from Seoul who jumps. The Seoul Skydivng Schools' website is all in Hangul and speaking it will make you life easier. Find me on facebook 'Ozzie Dave' and I will pass you my details and those of other people jumping here.

Dave