mewchuk

NY, NY Skydivers

I recently moved to New York City and have been very anxious to get out of the city and get jumping up here. I am looking for skydivers who live in or near the city who can give me some advice on getting to the ranch, crosskeys, or any close dz's without the luxury of my own car. Buses? Trains? Carpools? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ugh, sounds like a pain in the ass any way you slice it.

You can take the train to Philly easy enough, cross keys is only about a 20 minute drive from there depending on traffic, but if you have to take a cab, that could cost ya. Not sure about getting to the ranch.

Maybe convince some friends with a car to go do a tandem, and give you a ride while they're at it?

If you wana try Sussex, take the NY transit train to Port Jervis NY, its on the Middletown line, then grab a cab over the hill to Sussex, you most likely need to call ahead on the cab part so try Google, the cab ride is about 15 min if you dont hit traffic, come meet the weekend locals and make some friends, because a few groups drive out from NYC every weekend.

If you want to come out to Skydive Cross Keys, we have a ton of events planned. You can get to 30th St Station in Philly on a new speedline in an hour. From there you just hop on NJTransit and it drops you off a couple of blocks from the DZ.
Once you get to know people here you will find lots who drive here from NYC every weekend. Some rent a car each weekend and carpool - it takes about an hour and 50 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel down the Turnpike.
Hope you can join us! High Altitude Jumps every Saturday and Sunday morning! July 4th Boogie jumps are $17.76!
Where the world comes to skydive!

There is a bar downtown, called Nelson Blue.

The owner is a skydiver. Many local jumpers hang out there often. Come in and say hi, and drink really great beer (did I mention that), and find out more about the scene on skydivers around here. PM if you need more info. Peace.

The owner is a skydiver. Many local jumpers hang out there often. Come in and say hi, and drink really great beer (did I mention that), and find out more about the scene on skydivers around here. PM if you need more info. Peace.

Downtown where? Downtown Manhattan? I do love a cold beer, and I wouldn't mind giving a skydiver my business.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Downtown where? Downtown Manhattan? I do love a cold beer, and I wouldn't mind giving a skydiver my business.

Front Street and Peck Slip, down in the Seaport. Walk towards the water on Fulton, make a left at the Bodies Exhibit, and it's two blocks up on the right hand side.

Getting to the Ranch is cake.

Port Authority - Adirondack Trails from NY to New Paltz. $18, 90 minutes.
Get a cab from NP to Gardiner. $16, 10 minutes.

Generally you can find another person going to the Ranch to split the cab ride.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Gardiner-NY/The-Blue-Sky-Ranch/242320473577?ref=ts
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=6124710476&ref=ts
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=63804247555&ref=ts

Or just come hang out at Nelson Blue sometime, meet some people, and get a ride. We're normally the loud ones doing shots on weeknights. Ask for Paulie if you can't spot anyone.