npgraphicdesign

Good place to jump in the wintertime?

I live in CT, and I'm not as crazy as some of these other guys that skydive here :P (ahem, pilotdave and company :D) So, I need recommendations on where I can get away for a week to two weeks and do nothing but jump. I was at Elsinore for 11 days last January, and my only..i repeat...only gripe was the wind that grounded everyone for 3 (or maybe even 4!) days out of the 11 days I was there. I want to visit another DZ in the US (or even abroad, if tickets are cheap enough) which has the following requirements:

a. almost 100% predictable no-rain no-snow little-cloud warmish weather (am I asking for too much here? :P)
b. bunkhouses on the ground where I can stay for cheap a week or so
OR
c. Any fellow skydiver who's willing to loan me a couch for a week. I'm willing to repay in cooked meals, beers, good company and massages. The latter applies ONLY if you're a cute female skydiver :P

The type of plane doesn't really matter, as long as I get to jump. I don't want to fly somewhere and sit on the ground for most of the day waiting for my turn.

What are my options? B|

I live in CT, and I'm not as crazy as some of these other guys that skydive here :P (ahem, pilotdave and company :D) So, I need recommendations on where I can get away for a week to two weeks and do nothing but jump. I was at Elsinore for 11 days last January, and my only..i repeat...only gripe was the wind that grounded everyone for 3 (or maybe even 4!) days out of the 11 days I was there. I want to visit another DZ in the US (or even abroad, if tickets are cheap enough) which has the following requirements:

a. almost 100% predictable no-rain no-snow little-cloud warmish weather (am I asking for too much here? :P)
b. bunkhouses on the ground where I can stay for cheap a week or so
OR
c. Any fellow skydiver who's willing to loan me a couch for a week. I'm willing to repay in cooked meals, beers, good company and massages. The latter applies ONLY if you're a cute female skydiver :P

The type of plane doesn't really matter, as long as I get to jump. I don't want to fly somewhere and sit on the ground for most of the day waiting for my turn.

What are my options? B|

Skydive AZ in Eloy

Skydive AZ in Eloy

What's the closest airport to Eloy? And as long as it doesn't go below 50...ish....I think I can handle it. :S:D

It's about midway between Phoenix and Tucson so either will do. It might get below 50ish at night though but the days are fairly warm (70+ usually).

Check into ZHills, too. There are trailers on the DZ that can be rented. You can fly into Tampa (closer) or Orlando (not that much farther and sometimes has cheaper flights). It kills me that ZHills is so far away - I'd love to be able to visit more easily!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

In FL, I think Z-hills has the best opportunity for you to find a place to stay on the dz. You better start looking into it though, I'm sure other people will have the same idea!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You will have fun at Z-Hills, have people to jump with and there are places to stay and coaches. Don't wait till the last moment to make the arrangements for both as schedules fill up quickly this time of year. There are always load organizers and there will be 3 otters..... Try to plan it around a boogie for the best time.
Dano