lisamariewillbe

Gravity Rats Dropzone

I miss Capitol as well. I tend to like the smaller DZs as well. But, Capitol changed in like 6-07 so I am assuming you haven't jumped there since then. I started in 2-07 and after a few months all the "fun" people seemed to scatter. Gravity Rats grew from that scatter.

I was there when it was changing, last jump there was the naked jump ... which was the only dz Id have ever done that at...

Wish the Gravity Rats had stayed open then but I like San Marcos alot to, Pier and Marco are some of my favorite people so it will be nice to be there again. Plus They have a better landing area for me and my lack of accuracy
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

then I found capital skydiving, and there was something so awe inspiring about my time there, the jumps there... became more about peace and finding that space between the heavens and earth and taking my time to experience it.

I felt the exact same way. When it closed, I was heart broken and depressed for weeks! Really! I even put my canopy up for sale! I decided to pick up my tennis racquet again and forget all about skydiving. But then I experienced a moment of clarity and decided to to go back to what I wanted to do from the very beginning, fly my canopy, and who better to learn from than Wendy at Temple!

You know, I made some really great friends at Capitol. When it closed we all scattered into the wind and then somehow we all ended up at Temple! Hummmmmmmmmmmm

Just a side note: I have to say I find it interesting you sent your rig to Temple but want to do your recurrency at SSM.
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

Dont read to much into it, me sending my rig one place and me jumping another place. I dont do the dz drama game, I jump where I am comfortable, and the landing area of SSM is one I am very comfortable with. As far as where I sent the rig, well Temples closer and they dont take nearly as long as SSM, plus Nathan wants to jump at Temple. This isnt to say I wont come to Temple once I get more comfortable back in the air, its just not right for me right now and I am also not a party person anymore, I dont need free beer.

So please dont read anything weird into me jumping and having my rigging needs filled at two dz's its just what ended up working out that way and I have nothing against anyone in Texas DZs to have other feelings on why I do that
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

No worries. I completely understand about the landing area. I was very intimidated and scared out of my mind at Temple's. I even made my BFF go with me to hold my hand and to follow down! :) After that I was fine. :)

Glad you are coming back to the sport and I hope to meet you one day!

Take good care and blue skies,
Mary
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore