charly

cape town skydiving

i'm from england. i'm thinking about going to cape town for 2 weeks in novemer. (somewhere different)

anyone out there got any ideas what the weather and skydiving is doing that time of year.

i'm also going to make my friend do his AFF whilst we are there. is good place to learn?

many thanks!

I made my first two jumps there, both tandems at Skydive Cape Town. I had a good experience. I'm not sure about if they even offer AFF.

They had a cesna (not sure what kind, I was a newbie at the time).

It didn't strike me as a big dropzone but as I recall they had a paved runway. They were about 45minutes out of cape town. Absolutely beautiful views of Cape Town, Table Mountain, and Robben Island.

http://www.skydivecapetown.za.net/

As for weather I imagine year around operations.
-Patrick

:D love the difference in 20 mins vs 45 mins from Cape Town... but yes it is 20 mins from around the waterfront area, if you don't get much traffic or if you drive like a certain other poster. :) AFF is on offer as has been said, and also the DZ is open 7 days a week. I also have to repeat that the views are really, really awesome - Cape Town is a beautiful city anyway and the view from above is the best way to see it :)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

i'm from england. i'm thinking about going to cape town for 2 weeks in novemer. (somewhere different)

btw i should add it may be "somewhere different" for you but November is already heading into high season and while higher airfares may be putting some people off long distance travel, by November last year the city was already teeming with visitors - if you will be staying in accommodation that needs to be booked it may be worth your while to start looking into that already.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.