Beachbum

Jump for Maddy Day ... Skydive Houston, April 26

Skydive Houston is helping us to hold "Jump for Maddy" day on April 26th (weather date not yet selected). We plan to have load organizing, and serve burgers and dogs for lunch. Tent camping space is free and some bunk beds should be available at a nominal cost, for those wishing to overnight at the dz.

This is a fundraising event for American Cancer Society Relay for Life. A group of us (mostly skydivers) has participated in this for several years, and this year our team is named "Scoring Goals for Maddy" in honor of Maddy, the daughter of one of our team members and fellow skydiver Angela Batiz. Last year, Maddy herself was an official teammate and did quite well with her own fundraising efforts. This spring Maddy was diagnosed with lukemia, so she is our inspiration for the 2008 RFL season. Come out and have a fun day of skydiving (you're gonna do it somewhere anyway, right??) ... and help us raise money for a good cause ... :)
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Aerodyne Research US Demo Tour will be stopping by to support Skydive Houston with FREE demo rigs and canopies.

If it was you who arranged for this ... thanks!!!

And also a huge thanks to the Anvil Brothers ... :)
And since SDH is helping us stage this ... they are also having 2 loads of high altitude jumps that morning ... not sure if they're all full yet or not, but if you are interested you may want to call them and see.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

And since SDH is helping us stage this ... they are also having 2 loads of high altitude jumps that morning... not sure if they're all full yet or not, but if you are interested you may want to call them and see.

It is my understanding that these high altitude loads have been canceled, because of some certification problem with the FAA over the O2 system, or something like that.

Ya, high altitude jumps got canceled, What does SDH Need To Do To Help?
I can call in the helicopter, or we could do big ways with RD.

Or, We can do the Maddy Super Highway, 23 high pullers from 14.5 ft .

The hearts of SDH dont care about the event, they just want to help.

How many Fun Raising Tandems do we have?

Let us know what we can do to help, TB
www.skydivehouston.com

Hey Todd ... I'm out of town right now, but have been checking my email. I sent the team an email before I left last week asking them to firm up any tandems they have lined up ... haven't heard back from anyone so far, so I don't know if we even have ANY yet. The two maybes I had in the works both backed out. I should be back in town thursday and have access to my team email list again. I'll let you know as soon as I can find anything out.

Henry Butler has consented to organize RW jumps.

I just want to let everyone know that we WILL still be doing this tomorrow regardless of weather. Sooooo .... come on out ... jump if we get to, and eat and have a good time. With a little luck, it'll break open and we'll be able to get more than just some hop-n-pop loads up! Since this is (yep ... gonna actually admit to this!) ... my FIRST fundraiser out there, I'll be bringing some Shiner.

Mad Max says show up and pay up for Maddy!

I'll sacrifice myself for the cause.

AB jumps.....donation.

Heads down-200 MPH plus.....donation.

If you're a women....kiss an AB.....donation.

If you're a man.... a handshake will suffice....donation.

Get an AB exit count for your group.....donation.

Just do it....for Maddy!

Don't go away mad....just go away!

="checkText(this)" onclick="checkText(this)" onFocus="checkText(this)" wrap=soft>
I have to say a lot of thanks here ... :)
First, to Todd and the staff at Skydive Houston ... for helping us to put on the fundraiser

Second and equally important were the Anvil Brothers for their incredible support and food

Third, to the skydivers and anyone else who showed their extreme generosity ... the total raised for RFL was a whopping $1,867.28 !!!

Fourth, to Henry for organizing some fun skydives for everyone (he even went the extra mile by providing a bit more excitement than I think he hoped for!)

and just for grins here ... I HAVE to at least mention the fact that Tom and Angela managed to show up ... WITHOUT their rigs .... ;)

If anyone wasn't able to make it out but would still like to donate, you can do it online here:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=5694&team_id=232734

again ... MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!