hchunter614

Accommodations near Z-hills and Sebastian

A friend and I will be making a trip down to Florida next week for a sky diving vacation. We're looking for suggestions on reasonable hotels/motels near Z-hills and Sebastian.

We'll be staying in Orlando, just down from Sky Venture on Tuesday (1/29) evening and I plan on attending the tunnel time Sebastian has planned for that evening.

We will probably check out Lake Wales Tuesday during the day since we get into Orlando at 10AM.

What would be the best days to check out Z-hills and Sebastian?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Curtis

Just got back from Sebastian and I don't have enough positives to say about it, although I loved Z-hills last year as well. Hirams is fairly close to Sebastian - maybe about 3 miles and they generally have a skydiver rate - at least they did while we were there. Nice facility - close to the DZ. Have a good time - We did!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Just got back from my winter florida trip last night... 4 dropzones in 6 days.

There are hotels closer to z-hills, but at the advise of a waitress at the ihop in lakeland (we were driving from deland), about 20 miles from z-hills, we stayed up in that area at the holiday inn. Ihop had coupon books with some good prices. Heard that the microtel in z-hills is nice, but I didn't see it. The holiday inn was nice enough that when we decided to spend a second day at z-hills, we drove all the way back to lakeland for the night. Stopped at the ihop to grab another coupon too.

Lots of hotels in sebastian. I was there a year ago... actually probably exactly a year ago today. Don't remember where I stayed, but it wasn't very cheap. We did get them to give a really big discount though, when we almost walked out the door when we heard the price for one night. It ended up reasonable for a night.

Both are really nice dropzones. I have only been to them on weekdays when they weren't too busy, but had lots of fun. Also spent a day at clewiston... they have a boogie this weekend if you can make it. 2 hours south of lake wales. Nice DZ.

Dave

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

At this point it looks like we're going to check out Lake Wales Tuesday and then stay in Orlando by the tunnel because I'm going to attend the coached tunnel time that Jason from Sebastian is doing Tuesday evening.

We'll head to Z-hills either Wed and Thur or Thur and Fri and then hit Sebastian Sat and Sun.

I'm not sure I'm up to trying a boogie just yet, I'd like to get some more jumps under my belt first.

If you see a couple of new faces walking around come up and say hi.

Curtis