Phil008

Arizona Dropzones

I'm sure this has been posted before, or I could find out the answer if I asked someone at my drop zone. Unfortunately it's a bit cold to be going to mine in Chicago. My buddy moved down to Arizona and is looking to do a ST or an AFF at a drop zone down there. What are the general vibes/sterotypes of the following drop zones? Is Skydive Arizona too big for students? What are the other ones like? Thanks!!!! :)

Desert Skydiving Center
Marana Skydiving Center
Skydive Sedona
Skydive Arizona

I've never been to anywhere besides Skydive AZ, but they've got a good school there and the vibe is GREAT. I don't think it's 'too big for students'. They'll just have to learn more about keeping their head on a swivel right off the bat, as opposed to a smaller DZ.
I got nuthin

Skydive Arizona/Eloy isn't at all too big for students, it's a great learning center, IMO.
Great vibe, good people, multiple landing areas, lots of outs. Good place to become a skydiver.

Haven't been to the others, only know people that work at them. SDAZ is the #1 DZ in the US for a reason...

I've been to three of the four listed, and would recommend Skydive AZ above the other 2.

Sedona was great... beautiful, very nice staff, but very prone to windy weather and the landing area is very small. When we were at Marana, we both got a 'why are you here' kind of vibe, not all that friendly, so we did one jump and left. Pilot was a nice guy though.

Skydive AZ has a hell of an operation, tons of outs, seemed like good instructors there. I'm looking forward to being there again in Feb for a visit :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda