angrypeppers

Chambersburg, PA

I think I might convert at least for a little bit to chambersburg. I did my A license training there so I'm a little partial, but I want the altitude and the possibility of more than a four way.

During the winter months (jan-feb) how does the amount of people compare between the two places? See you at chambersburg soon.

Watch out for the big banana.

It really depends on the weather... if there's not a lot of jumpers there, Cburg will be flying a cessna, not the King Air. They need 8 to fly the KA. Honestly, I havent been to Cburg since before thanksgiving due to the weather, so can't give you a good comparison from this year.

Cburg on a good weather day will have more people than Maytown in the winter, on a blah or so-so weather day, Maytown may have a few more. In the summer, Cburg is much busier than Maytown, and always flying the KA. Check it out for yourself sometime :)
If you're up for a winter trip, let me know... a bunch of us from both DZs are going to Eloy Feb 14-18

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I've only been there one and had a great time even though we weren't there for overnight festivities. We were there training for our 8-way CRW team and even though we were busy and mostly hanging to ourselves most of the people made an effort to introduce themselves.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

How did your jump go?

I introduced myself to you while we were getting ready to board the plane. I was the one with the red fuzzy helmet.

:)

Went great! Can't beat the speed that plane gets you to altitude, it was also nice being able to jump with someone my first time out there!

LOL!!!! Yes, I'm the beer marshall.... unanimously elected two consecutive years.

We are not looking at housing anywhere near Chambersburg... no way in hell I'd want to raise kids there. Great DZ, not the place I want to live.

We're probably buying a home in Newport, PA, which is actually going to make the trip to Cburg (and every other freaking DZ on the planet) much farther.... this is total middle of nowhere Perry County. 1800 sq foot Amish built Log Cabin on 4 acres of wooded land surrounded by forest and farms. Absolutely beautiful. We're negotiating now, but looking at a couple of others this weekend just to be sure we're not falling in love with the first home we look at.

But we are in love. It even has a room that is about 12' by 30'..... as soon as I walked in, I knew that was my rigging loft, I'm so excited!!!!!

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda