skyshark29

Skydivin in Brazil

I recently gained my AFF wings at Empuriabrava (Spain) and Im completely hooked! I'm going to Brazil for 2-3 weeely during Dec/Jan and ithcing to do some jumping while I'm there. Can anyone recommend me good skydiving centres to check out. Ive tried looking on the net but all the websites are in portugese! Any advice or recommendaitons would be very much appreciated.

In addition to the opinions you'll receive, this site has a dropzone locater and within it - dropzone reviews...

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/South_America/Brazil/index.html

Select a DZ, and there will be a "Reviews" tab at the top. Just some additional information. Hope it helps. Enjoy your trip.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

this weekend is nationals there I believe. Lots of DZs in brasil.....the most famous is outside sao paulo in boituva. Edu is and AFF and tandem master there, look for him....

marc

ps personally if I was traveling in brasil I would hang out in the north...salvador recife or fortaleza beaches are great....

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

if you go to SP gotta stop by Boituva; if you go to Rio, gotta go to Barra Jumping in Barra da Tijuca ( 5 minutes from the beach with the most amazing view!)

Northeast is really beautiful too.

have fun there :)

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Friend of mine is moving somewhere in the Nova Odessa region so I plan on letting him settle in before heading down so I am looking for a febuary flight, as I understand it it will be summer down there so yeah I will be jumping now from what I could gather it seems he will be located near this Boituva DZ. My question is as follows: what do I need to know/bring as it will be my first time skydiving out of Canada?

Also if you know of any other dropzones closer to Nova Odessa please let me know!

Too bad you weren't doing this a couple years ago. Nova Odessa is only around 25km from Campinas, which used to have the second largest dz.

Boituva is your best bet for now.

What to bring? Bring LOTS of $$$. It used to be around U$50 per jump ticket, but with the low dollar it will be more expensive....especially if you need to rent gear there.

Curte bastante!
marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Campinas is in boituva now :)
Boituva is a conglomerate of multiple schools and DZ's.

I've been there less than a month ago... jump was R$85 and conversion rate was $1.80... then this how financial mess broke loose and the dollar jumped to $2.10+

I didn't have to present anything (boituva used to be my home DZ and I know everyone there), but if I were you I'd take my logbook and credentials (uspa, whatever)

tell me what do you plan to do there (rs, freefly, etc) and I can help putting you in contact with the right people.

Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

Ok well I am planning on going in febuary and will try to convince my friend to go for a tandem while I am visiting him, as for I have my A from CSPA and it says I can only do 2 ways... Perhaps they might let me get on a couple 4 ways? Not a freeflyer yet so its all belly for me! In the end I don't even if I can only go solo, I just didn't to go all the way there and not jump so I will be bringing my gear! I don't speak the language but I assume people will speak english otherwise I will have to give my friend a list of key words for him to learn before I go down...

People in boituva are pretty used to receive foreign visitors, I don't think you'll have language problems.

On another note, if you want some nice quality jumps, contact these guys:
http://clubedotr.com.br/

They are from optimum skydive team (current national champions) and they regularly organize jumps in boituva.

Fabio and Andre are really great with people and I'm sure they'll point you into the right direction.

Cheers
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.