Kirils

Lost Logs

I just moved, and a canopy, and a gear bag with some misc gear and my log book came up missing,
What do you do when you lose a log book? How do you re-establish the validity of a reconstructed log?

Thanks!
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

i'd be more worried about the canopy and gear. I just got a print out from my dz on all the jumps i've made since I became a member in april of 2001. $5003 wow. Thats one way to get a log of your jumps. If you have a protrack thats probably the best way

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

My guess is that Aerohio will have your jumps on computer. I don't know Clevland. If you went to some boogies with budies, check their logs to reconstrut your jumps. Talk to Sherry or whoever you will have sign off your future licenses. Let them know that you will have to use reconstructed logs for the jumps up to now. Also, if you have copies of your past license applications (I always have people copy them so they don't have to redo the table if it's lost ... but not the answers;)) then you'll have a snapshot of time and jumps. If you don't have copies check with headquarters. I don't know if headquarters keeps the applications or not. But worth a call.

And losing gear MUST qualify for BEER!!!B|

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

In the short run, fill out a new logbook with a reasonable approximation of your experience and ask your buddies to sign it.
In the future, cover your butt by applying for licenses, Gold Wings, etc. as soon as you earn them. Then you can point to a USPA/BPA/CSPA/APF document that says you had X number of jumps on such and such a date.

One piece of advise, what I do is log my jumps to an Excel spreadsheet, that's my back up.

I take it one step further. I e-mail the file to my work office. In addition to the safety in redundency factor, it is there when ..... er, I mean if I ever need to look at it.
-Jeff.
http://www.iplummet.com

Common sense and common courtesy are NOT common.