gofast_ER

Skydive midwest?

Hey my girl is going to start aff pretty soon. The dz skydive midwest is (according to mapquest) only 7 minutes away from her house. I looked up the reviews on here. They seemed really generic. Their web site kinda gave me an odd vibe. Maybe it's just in my head because my girl is going to start aff? Anyone know anything about this dz?

Sorry. I wasn't sure if I should put this in general skydivng forum or here. I figured I would put it here and hope that it got some responses before it got pushed away from the millions of post this forum gets everyday.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Ignore what you are hearing and trust me... Skydive Midwest freakin rocks!!!!! That place is so much fun and the people couldn't be nicer. I had a good friend of mine start his AFF progression at that dropzone and I've flown some video there before. They fly a really fast King Air and they have a cute little hangar to chill in. Every time I'm there I have a blast and I always get some sweet freefly jumps in.

Personally I think it's the best place to start AFF. She will get a lot of attention since it is a smaller, more personal dropzone. The instructors are fantastic and really cater to the students.

I did my AFF at Skydive Midwest, although I don't jump there anymore. I jump at Sky Knights out in East Troy (www.skydivemilwaukee.com), about 30 miles West of there. We have a PAC, a big landing area, great facilities with a/c (not a hangar), awesome instructors, bonfires, barbeques, etc.

You can have your girlfriend PM me if she wants more information. Better yet, have her come out to Sky Knights this weekend to check us out (we're getting a biplane, too, so there should be a good turnout).

Good luck!

Thats what I was thinking too. The only thing bad I have heard from there was the porter hitting a student under canopy.[:/]

WRONG!

Funny how rumors work. Jesus. :ph34r:

Which part are you refering to as being wrong?

Post #31 in the thread http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1897174;page=1;mh=-1;;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC mentions that they take skyride certs.

If you know for a fact that they don't please let us know.

I was referring to the Porter vs Student comment.

This thread sucks. I'm out. I will leave with this comment.... Skydive Midwest is a great dropzone run by super nice people who love the sport and want to share that with others.

Later.

The porter hit a camera guy, not a student. (Report)

I disagree that they care about the sport, and yes they are a skyride dz.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

They mis-spelled Chicago in their title bar :D

From talking to people on here they tend to be more of a tandem oriented DZ and really don't have too many experienced jumpers.

According to this post it's a tandem mill. I've not been, and I don't get good vibes from their web site or their advertizing tactics.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.