leslie1618

anyone familiar with California?

I just made plans to go to California with a friend at the end of July. Can anyone reccomend a good area with a dropzone? My friend doesn't skydive, so I'm looking for a place that's in or near a good city..
I tried to get a grip on reality, but it moved.

I don't think there is anyone from California here.

Okay, seriously, you need to state what part of California you're going to be visiting, then I'm sure someone will jump in and help you out. It's kind of a big place, and you need to narrow it down a bit.

There are lots of dropzones in the area; Elsinore and Perris Valley are both significant DZs, with Perris Valley also having an adjacent wind tunnel (maybe your friend would like to try that).

Any DZ that you visit will require your USPA membership and student records, since it looks like you're still a student. Do remember to bring them.

You can go to the dropzones tab at the top and look around also -- there are other DZs in the area. But Perris and Elsinore are both likely to be open and busy any day of the week.

And yes, it'll be extremely hot that time of year. But there'll be jumpers there. Drink lots of water, and take advantage of the shade.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)