ripcords

Skydiving in Italy?

I saw on dz.com that there are many places to jump in Italy. Does anyone know if any of them are open during the week this time of year. I am going to Rome, Capri, Pompeii and Modena and would absolutely love to get a skydive in while I am there.

I would need to rent gear, since I don't want to hassle with bringing mine along.

Thanks for any input.

Right, close to Rome, there's Nettuno which isnt too far at all away, maybe 30-40 minutes south. Places to go that are likely to be busy are also Marche, home of the Atmonauti, check it out on www.skydivemarche or www.atmonauti.com. Fano is Ok, nice view, high winds, nice people, very well thought out facilities. Failing that Bologna isnt too bad as far as ive heard, used to jump in Arezzo, which has gone downhill a bit, but Arezzo the town has its pluses, as its only 5 minutes away. Sardinia has things going on from time to time too. Hope that helps
Probably not...

Buon giorno!

I stopped by with my family on Sunday at Nettuno. Unfortunately it was raining so no one was there, but we ate at the restaurant and they had really good food! Thanks for all of the input. I am back stateside now, but it was an awesome trip anyway. I got to see were my grandparents were born and meet a relation that still lives there, besides seeing the normal tourist stuff.

P.S.- For those of you that suggested that I check out the websites, my limited knowledge of the beautiful Italian language made that difficult information to use. I guess I need to learn to use one of the translating programs.

Grazie for everyone's help.

It was a once in a lifetime family trip, so I really couldn't impose on the family schedule and was happy that they were willing to stop at the dz for me. They wanted to visit the Sicily-Rome American Cemetery and Memorial, so Nettuna was only a stones through away. If you get to the US, stop and visit me at the Above the Poconos Skydivers. Ciao.