Grape

beginner jumper going to mexico, is it safe?

I only need a hop & pop to get my A liscence but i havent been very current due to the god damn snow. i'll be going to mexico for vacation in a few months, where are the dropzones located and are they safe? I know we'll be on the east coast but i dont recall exactly where. do they have anything like USPA there? do i need to do anything special to skydive in another country? will training in mexico count towards a USPA liscence?
Skydiving is to me what crack is to a whore. I NEED MY FIX BITCH!

I would get that hop 'n pop out of the way at home. I tried to finish my A-license in Eloy and it was a pain in the ass & pocket book. Jumping in the cold isn't too bad, I would get your license that way. Are you jumping BOC or ripcord? If you stay domestic rather than hitting Mexico you should try Z-hills in Florida....they were awesome out there. =)

Brian

A wind tunnel will not count towards recurrent training. You will probally need to d oa refresher with an instructor just to clear the cobwebs out of the brain for emergency procedures and everything else that might have gotten a little stale up here in the winter.

If you really want to jump in Mexico the best thing to do is contact the DZ you will be visiting. They might want to do a half day training class with you prior to letting you jump or they might want to have an AFF instructor jump with you. You will want to know if there is a cost before you go. Also you need to ask about their rental gear, if they have any, is it a size that is correct for you and is it the right deployment method.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The dz in Mexico is a full service DZ - being you can go through aff, do a refresher, or finish up your A. The best way to answer all of your questions and to clear up any misunderstandings contact the DZ - The number is on the websight

[url]www.skydiveixtapaboogie.com[url]

If you already purchased your tickets and you find out that it is not in your best interest to jump - don't worry - there is plenty to do in the area. Scuba diving, $10 massages, cabana boys, swim with the dolphins, zip line tours through the forrest - and much more

i've come to find that there is a dropzone right by where i'll be staying. yea, it is a full service dropzone so that's sweet but the prices are a bit high. i'm thinking it'll be worth it to see Mexico from 14k. finding gear that fits me is pretty difficult though... i weigh about 110 and i've spent quite a bit of time flying backwards or getting little penetration. i think the student gear i use here in michigan is a 230 and it's kinda scary. hopefully they have something in my size, i'll find out when i call them. thanks for all the info!
Skydiving is to me what crack is to a whore. I NEED MY FIX BITCH!