Hagen

Skydiving in Iceland?

Can someone tell me is there any skydiving activity in Iceland? It seems to be a beautiful country, and I'm going to visit it, anf, of course, I would love to jump there... But not BASE!:) (a found some links about BASE jumping out there on this forum).

Thank you for your answers:)

I was stationed there for awhile and you are correct, it is very beautiful and very much undisturbed.

I beleive I saw one there while purusing the Dropzone database above. Click on Dropzones up on the top and keep clicking till you get to Iceland.
Good, Better, Best, never let it rest 'till your good better and your better best

Google:
Fallhlifasamband Islands, or the English version - Icelandic Parachutist Association.

They were quite active when I was there in '89, but haven't heard much about them for a while.

You might try contacting the bigger DZs in Florida - Z-hills and Deland. One or the other of these has been Icelandic jumpers' traditional winter hangout, you might even be able to catch some of them there.

there are quite a number of Icelandic skydivers, Snoori comes to mind - came through Z-Hills this year with others. We trained a couple of new students last year too

I would have to search through our customers to try and find some of them
TK

I Yahoo'd it and found:
http://fkr.klauvi.is/en/default.asp
even an English version