Wender

Skydiving in MA

Hello, I wanted to find a place on the forum for local skydiving but there isnt one so I figured i'd try this. Anyone here from MA or nearby? I'm in Fall River and I wanted to get more involved with skydiving and develop my skills but i cant find anyone locally that does it regularly. If you're around let me know... THANKS

There are a lot of Dropzone's fairly close to you that you can visit. Give them a call and you'll find one that has the vibe you are most comfortable with. :)
Skydive Newport Middletown, Rhode Island 13.38 miles Map Directions
Boston Providence Skydiving Center Lincoln, Rhode Island 23.04 miles Map Directions
Boston/Hartford Skydiving Center at Danielson CT Danielson, Connecticut 39.36 miles Map Directions
Connecticut Parachutists, Inc. Ellington, Connecticut 68.96 miles Map Directions
Pepperell Skydiving Center Pepperell, Massachusetts 71.76 miles Map Directions
Skydive New England - Plum Island Newbury, Massachusetts 77.43 miles Map Directions
Jumptown Orange, MA, Massachusetts 83.87 miles Map Directions
Airborne Adventures Northampton, Massachusetts 86.79 miles Map Directions
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hello!!!!!

I would tell you to go to jump town... but they are closed for the season. They are a fantastic drop zone, their Twin Otter kicks ass, their facilities kick ass, their jumpers kick ass, they just plain kick ass. :D

I would also tell you to check out Danielson (aka "fun skydiving"). Yes they are a small cesna drop zone, but you get a feeling of family there that you can't get any where else (yes every cesna drop zone jumper will say that about their own hole in the wall). I got my license there and I love the place like a second home. But they are also closed for the season. Next season they will have two pilots, a second C206, and the fun jumpers will be getting jumps non stop!!! Please check us out next season.

CPI is also a good drop zone. They are open, can't say that for any of the other places I jump at during the summer. They have a caravan that takes off like a bat out of hell, gets you to alt in style, and they have a good atmosphere. I recommend all three, but since CPI is the only place I jump at that is still open, my current choice would be CPI. :ph34r:

:):P:D:ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

This proves once again you shouldn't believe everything you read on dz.com.
Boston Providence hasn't been open for a couple of years and isn't even listed on the dz.com database.
Skydive New England Plum Island is a once-in-a-while experienced-jumpers-only operation (maybe a tandem once in a while.)
In New England, you're better off waiting until March or April, when everyone gets back into full operation, and make a choice based on their web sites, calls or visits to them, and, yes, asking here again.

HW

Thanks guys. I jumped in Newport once and asked about taking the course there but they told me that they dont really give lessons and i couldnt find another place.
I only did it once but i am ready to learn more so anything i can get from this site is helpful.
I'll keep checking in but if anyone can send me some more info that would be awesome.
Thanks guys

If you are going to go thru a student progression then I recommend Jumptown. They consistently turn out excellent students, who's skills far surpass their jump numbers. Their instructors, and the way they run their student program is top notch!! :ph34r:

Edit: I thought I should add that although I didn't get my license there my College's team trains there so I might be a little biased.

Unless you want to drive to CT. ;)
=P

Yeah, Newport is a tandem based DZ. With the huge amount of tourists it really only makes sense for them to do tandems. But I also did two tandems in Newport, and they recommended me to go to Jumptown. That's where I've been jumping ever since.

Jumptown is an awesome place. It's a bit of a drive for you (and me as well, I'm in RI) but it's worth the extra mileage. They have a brand new building with awesome facilities. The otter is awesome, as is the pilot that flies it. The instructors are top notch, the gear is maintained immaculately - basically, the place rocks.

I also may be biased because Jumptown is my home B| But check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Doug, you're still jumping? This was my first weekend without jumping in a while and it's not cool.. might have to check out CPI.

I am going to jump all winter long. None of this hop and pop wimp shiet either, all the way to the top. I was hoping to do a jump this weekend with a santa hat and beard, to get pictures for some x-mas cards. :D
=P

Dave that is awesome! If you could take some stills for me I would be happy to pay your slot.

I was also planning on doing my B license in air exam with Jess if we can work it out. :)
=P