joninge

skydiving in mexico

Mexico's central Pacific coast is a pretty big place separated by hours-long drives. Where exactly are you going?

SDC goes to Ixtapa, CSC goes to Puerto Escondido, and there are a few others, too.

One thing I learned about jumping in Mexico: nothing happens fast. If you get 3 jumps in one day, you're 'jumping your ass off'.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

Puerto Vallarta does not have a DZ. Last year, SDC had a tent set up on the beach near the Holiday Inn. A quick shuttle ride to the airport and then beautiful skydives over the bay. Not expected to be there again this year. :(

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

I'm not sure SDC is setting up in Ixtapa again this year. The past few years, they were there on a daily basis from late Novemberish through March, working out of Carlos and Charlies right on the beach. Its been mainly for tandems but fun jumpers have always been welcome too. And even more fun jumpers show up for the boogie in February. But, like I said, I'm not sure about this year.

I've only heard about boogies in Puerto Escondido- usually the week between Christmas and New Years, and Easter week. If there's more than that planned for this year, hopefully someone will post some info. I'd love to skydive there, but those two weeks are also the busiest weeks for tourists- makes it more difficult to find inexpensive accomodations without planning well in advance. The Oaxacan coast is just beautiful!

I'm going to Puerto Vallarta this December (12/21-ish) and was researching DZ's there. I found "Skydive Puerto Vallarta" but their website isn't working right now... Has anyone jumped there?

Also - I'm still on student status, so I'm guessing I probably won't even be allowed to jump. Does anyone know about that?

"Living like fallen angels who lost their halos" - Unknown Prophets

-Love Life-