Amazon

1st Season Opening Mt Vernon Washington

Tomorrow morning is the big day. The Porter PC-6 (TURBINE) is flying and we are ready to start jumping. The DZ is right next to Interstate 5 ( west side of freeway) at exit 224 just south of Mt Vernon Washington. THe DZ is just 1 hour north of downtown Seattle. This weekend...is just for experienced jumpers. The plane is set up for 8 jumpers so the ride to altitude should only be about 12 minutes. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous Highs in the 60's..... and its the weekend of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival so the fields will be VERY colorful below as we start a new DZ in a beautiful location.

Weather for this weekend

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USWA0288?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Tulip Festival street fair in Mt Vernon

http://www.tulipfestival.org/

There is also a Salmon BBQ as well in Mt VErnon.

More Tulips

http://flickr.com/photos/mikeyboydotcom/sets/72057594103155800/

So come on out.... bring the wuffo friends and let them explore the town while the rest of us jump our butts off out of the Turbine.

9 loads and that was with a bit of a wind hold in the afternoon.. GOD what a view from 14500.
The PORTER KICKS BUTT 12 minutes or less from wheels up to 14k+

Did I say the VIEW is AWSUM.. the doors have HUGE windows so everyone gets a great view of the spectacular scenery out over the Skagit River Delta in Puget Sound.

Even better weather on tap for tomorrow.
EVERYONE is stoked.....for a small DZ on a grass strip airport....it just does not get any better.

Love your new Northwest DZ. I had more fun than I've had in six years. Reminds me of the good old days...

See that is what happens when the Owner.. the DZM and the manifest are old school jumpers...

We want a good vibe.

We want to have fun and we want eveyone else to have fun too.....I think that will be infectious to others around here.

Come on out.. Camp at the DZ.. join us at the bonfire in the evenings... have a few beers with us and talk over the days jumping. Heck.. we can use all the old THERE I WAS THIS IS NO SHIT>>>THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE.... stoiries that anyone wants to tell around the bonfire:)
The Porter has a door on each side with the best Vista windows I have EVER seen on any airplne ever.... well at least ones that had doors:P:P

During the day we will be putting loads up just as fast as we can... and with this fast Porter that can be at least 3 loads of 8 an hour. Any tandems will be put in line with everyone else. We will not bump experienced jumpers from a load when they are manifested. I KNOW how that feels and it SUCKS.

So if anyone in the area wants to crank some loads.. Freefly... belly flyers...WINGSUIT FLYERS and get the vibe of skydiving as it should be....then Northwest Skydivers is the place to be.

Alrightie... woo hoo..

Jim wants me to get something going about our Memorial Day boogie.. so far I have him talked into a BBQ.... and at LEAST the Helio Courier for a specialty aircraft... I am desparately trying to get him to bring the Gruman Flying Boat..... now THAT would be kewl to get in my logbook....:)

Hours of Operation

Friday......Noon to Sunset with Beerlight on at Sunset.

Saturday 8 am to Sunset with Beerlight on at Sunset and bonfire to the wee hours.
( the Beerlight is an important thing at this DZ);)

Sunday 8 Am till Sunset.

Phone number right now is 425-231-1693

The 1-800 number will be hooked up this weekend but I do not know what it is yet.

Located 60 miles from Downtown Seattle.. and 81 Miles from downtown Vancouver BC

The DZ is open Friday through Sunday.

A phone number for the DZ is: 425-344-4587. You can call this for opening hours on Friday. I'm not sure if official hours are established yet. But on the weekend people will likely be camped out.. so stuff should get going relatively early.

Maybe I'll see ya there Friday afternoon! Will pack for jump money. ;)

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Joe has to string the phone wire from the restaurant to be out in front of the DZ on Conway Siding Rd..... back to the "Fandango" Manifest Trailer;) THEN there will be an 800 number.:)

I also found out the DECK in front of the Manifest window that is about 8 ft up in the air.. will also be made by this weekend.

Lots of good things are planned... stay tuned for fun:)

Im gonna be in Washington this July.... I think I might be staying in Mt. Vernon with my grqandma. Is that by the Canadian boarder? I want to skydive when I am up there and was looking into Sonomish. If you guys are where I think you are I am gonna go for sure. Im also gonna get my cousin to do a tamdem......

We got in two loads on Friday afternoon....:)
Today....We got the Deck built.. and bought another Packing tent...... so things are looking up..
The Blue Skies showed up at 6 PM but only Doc and I were there with Jim waiting for people to show back up... so we split about 7:30 to get some rest for tomorrow. Every one else had gone home around noon to get dry clothing and shower and stuff.. Jim the Pilot will be there at 9 am ready to fly loads all day... We even have our 800 number. woo hooo we can start advertising...;)

I think I will get out there next weekend. Today is my Daughters 6th Birthday! Nuf said on why I am home today!

WX was crap yesterday but will be looking forward to getting up there at some point! Hopefully next weekend!

Did you build a website yet?

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I should have the website up this week... we now have a phone number.. WOO HOO.. and it starting to look like a DZ.. I have a real honest to goodness manifest window...:P

Phone number for the DZ is 360-424-3734

We will be jumping Friday Afternoon till sunset and Sat-Sun to sunset. Beer Light goes on when the last load goes up.. so we can have the Sat Night Hit and Chug.......Bonfire begins at Sunset:30