peregrinerose

Eloy?

My husband and I are heading to AZ next week for jumping and hiking. With only 160-170 jumps each and only jumping at smaller DZs (Chambersburg and Maytown), we're both a little curious about the increased traffic that will probably be there, comparitively speaking.

So, any of you folks that jump there regularly have any words of wisdom or suggestions for us? We'd be there Thurs afternoon, so hope to jump Thurs and Fri.

Since we're packers, it is a true vacation to jump while only packing for ourselves :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Its getting quieter and quieter with the heat rising! That being said, we;re still getting 50+ otter load a day on the weekends.

During the weekdays, it will be a lot slower.

Even during the weekend tho, the pace is slow enough that you wont get multiple plane tyraffic to contend with, so, if you can handle landing with the people from your otter, it should be an issue.

Make sure to use the alternate landing area, or the desert if you have to: there is lots of space.

If you are there during the weekend: say hi!

PS: this weekend is the Easter Boogie, next weekend is a regular weekend; the one following that will probably be very very quiet at the DZ as it's the Rocky Point Boogie (27-30 April)
Remster

If you can handle the traffic after a full king air load at C-burg, you'll have no trouble with the few additional bodies at Eloy. They have two LZs and plenty of space. Plus, there is miles and miles of desert if you can't make it. All in all, it's a cool place and not at all unsafe. Wish I could go with you.>:(
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

yeah theres plenty of space to land...there are 2 landing areas...plenty of room..

and plenty of outs..just be sure to look out for the barb wire at the end of the runway by the big hanger....

i found out the hard way...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead