DaMan

Helicopter at Z-hills April 7th!

The Alouette helicopter has just been added to the fleet of aircraft on hand for the beginning of the Easter Boogie for one day only! :)
The price is $46 per slot; 4 jumpers per load.

BONUS TIMESAVER: advance tickets may be purchased by calling manifest...
Sorry, but you must be a prior jumper at Z-hills to buy advance tickets. This may be any event or visit where you have a waiver on file (so you are in the computer).

If the weather goes bad on Friday, (or there is enough demand from pre-sold tickets;)) the alternate day will be Sunday the 9th...

See ya there!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

Do you just hold on to the outside, feet on the skids during the climb?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Just out of curiosity, as I have not had the priviledge of jumping out of one yet, howhigh do they usually go?

It depends upon several things: other aircraft on jump run, air traffic (non jumper), weather, air space and in general what's waiting for the pilot - if there's several loads to go, you want to drop and get down for the next one...

Usually most pilots will set up for 4500' to 5900' at Z-hills (at 6k you have to work with Tampa)...but it's the exit that's the really cool part anyway!

Got to get the ride while you can - we've missed the helicopter at the WFFC every time we go because we couldn't stay the entire time - the only other thing that's close is the balloon (and then you are almost always landing off).
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

If you go to Kolomna (near Moscow), you can jump their Mi8 helicopter - holds about 22 jumpers, goes up to 13,500, gets there as quick as a turbolet and costs about $10 a jump (last year)...

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example