cpoxon

UK: Bigger and Better at Langar for 2006

Saw this on uk.rec.skydiving. Looks like an exciting year ahead at Langar! And don't forget about the new, free WiFi internet access!

We've spent a lot of time over the last few months thinking about how we could possibly top last years success with the invitational jumps. In 2005 we had a walk-up 63-way on the first attempt, a 36-way star, a 34-way open accordion, and a two-point 25-way diamond, not to mention the 4 and 5 point big sequential skydives earlier in the year. We want to make 2006 an even bigger and better year for all of us, not just for the people involved in our invitational events, but also for those up-and-coming skydivers who need to get noticed - for future events!

So, here's our calendar for the season (and the best bit's right at the end - so make sure you check it out)

LANGAR BOOGIE 1: 29TH APRIL to 7TH MAY
Aircraft here for the whole boogie: Skyvan, Beech 99, Two Grand Caravans Load organisers available for jumpers at all levels throughout the whole event.

SPECIAL EVENTS AT BOOGIE 1:
29th April to 1st May Big Sequential Stuff!
Invitational 50-way sequential over the Bank Holiday weekend
Contact [email protected]

6th and 7th May Invitational 64-way Demanding Dives
This event will be specifically aimed at building more challenging points like a 64-way diamond, donut and bipole jewels - lots of outfacing slots! These skydives will be very demanding and the selection process will have to be very strict.

31st May to 5th June GO VERTICAL
The UK's first Go Vertical Event
Tim Porter and Martin from FunkFlyz organising,
Plus coaching from Bullet Freefly School
With Europe's fastest-climbing jump plane - the Beech 99!
This is aimed at Freeflyers, but all jumpers are welcome to come and use the Beech!
Free load organising, all jumps from 15,000 feet, registration £25.

BPA EVENTS
3rd to 7th April Tandem/AFF Instructor Course
10th and 11th June 4 way FS Grand Prix
15th and 16th July 8 way FS Grand Prix

LANGAR BOOGIE 2: 9TH to 17TH SEPTEMBER
16 way FS competition 9/10 September

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
...over the 7 years since 1999 there's been a lot of talk about whether there will ever be a new British Record and if so when and where?

Well, we're in the process of trying to organise a little something for September 15th to 17th 2006, although at the moment it's still at a very early planning stage.

We want to build a 122-WAY for a new BRITISH FORMATION RECORD...
...and then, just for good measure, go for a SECOND POINT - a NEW SEQUENTIAL WORLD RECORD!
The proposed aircraft line-up is two Skyvans, two Grand Caravans, two LET 410 and the Beech 99. Jumps from 18,000 feet.

See you all at Langar, then! Milko

Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

SKYVAN! Milko said the Skyvan is back! I thought that it wasn't going to make an appearance this year!

Yeah Ha!...and the Beech99 to boot. All we need now is a chopper and we'll have the whole set.

...and didn't Milko mention a little something about a little bit of FS going on at the same time?

This year is going to be great, we have the mini boogie this weekend 14th-17th April, Boogie 1 29th April-7th May with 2 Caravans, Skyvan and Beech 99 and to top it off, Boogie 2 in Sept with loads of aircraft, just check the website out!!!

Hope to see lots of old and new faces at Langar this year!

I just learnt some thing this weekend...

Langar, these guys know how to fucking PARTY!!!!!!
Saturday night was so fucking cool that jumping for me on sunday morning, was not going to happen.
What a night!.
On saturday i was not to impressed during the day, felt the big way organising looked to be run pretty well but the rest of it seemed very unorganised. There was only one packer, one packer for a boogie? Then there was 20 minute calls that within 3 minutes turned into 'kit on calls'.
However, the Beech that was provided sure made up for any issues i had. With so many RW jumpers all them all being there for the Big-ways, i could only think that saturday night was going to be quiet, boy was i wrong, i think we left at 3 am, That Dj really got going after a warm up, the bar staff were top quality and the guys i met that were Langar regulars come across to be really friendly people. The new shower block was so clean that it made you want to shower. John Curtis gave my partner alot of time with rigging services and refused to accept any money, he and his wife have got to be the nicest people on this planet.
The Big-ways were looking spectacular and i could only be in awe of being surrounded by all the uk team from the world team.

What a top fuckin dropzone, gear shop had everything, food was good, dz control did an excellent job and deserve a than you, all in all this place turned out to be the dropzone i want to spend money at.
I cant wait for next weekend, dont know if it is the jumping i am looking forward to or the party.
Good stuff Langar!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store