Sebazz1

Canopy Malfunction Photos for the FJC

I have been searching the internet and dropzone.com for those canopy malfunction photos used in the first jump course. I have some leads but thought maybe someone could give me the ultimate link to the source. I need to buy a set or two of these photos...

Thank you in advance for any help...

Hey Spazz, I found this page on the PIA website that lists malfunction photos as PIA public documents.

Then, in the PIA store, there is an item labeled XDOC, described as such:

PIA DOCUMENTS
All the Parachute Industry Association publications in a three-ring report folder. Included are the Bylaws, all the PIA Technical Standards, Technical Bulletins, SOP's and other documents: over 100 pages in all. A PIA Directory is also included. One copy of PIA DOCUMENTS is included with PIA Membership.
Shipping: US - $7.50 Foreign air shipping - $10.00

From the description, it sounds like the malfunction photos are included.

Unfortunately, it also looks like you have to join PIA to get them. Has anyone tried calling PIA to see if they really have these? This question pops up a lot.
Skydiving is for cool people only

I have a set. I could probably scan them. Hmmm, not sure my scanner is big enough. Ok, I can take a digital picture of the pictures and supply jpegs. You'd have to print them. I think the originals are 11 x 14 but could print them smaller. Of course with an LCD projector you could just project them. Slides were available also. Don't know if they're available.

Since I'm a PIA member I'm going to not want to step on any copyright. But I doubt that we'll care. Let me check and PM me so I'll remember.

Terry
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I have been searching the internet and dropzone.com for those canopy malfunction photos used in the first jump course. I have some leads but thought maybe someone could give me the ultimate link to the source. I need to buy a set or two of these photos...

Try skyhivisuals in Denver. They have a page at http://skyhivisuals.tripod.com/malfunctions.htm
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy